• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

You guys can help me here

Rapida

First Post
I am starting up a new pnp group, and was gonna create a nice basic story arc involving standard dnd cliches and such. I basically want to include combat as the very first thing and some kind of basic dungeon with some sort of theme. I want the dungeon to seem alive to contrast with what the players usually see in games like WoW. Anyway post any ideals for rooms and plots for the quest.

Mr_GrinReaper

First Post
well. In terms of traps, you should have at least a dart trap, and maybe a boulder trap, depends on how innovative the players are. You should include some sort of a maze room, thats always fun.

Nyaricus

First Post
Are you making this campaign from scratch, or are you using a published CS as a back drop?

What levels are the players, and how experienced are they?

Anyhting you want to see done in this dungeon delve? Any plot hooks to further adventures you want in it?

I like info before answering :D

cheers,
--N

Rapida

First Post
The players are totally new to dnd. I plan to make this a kind of introduction to see if they like dungeons and dragons. I want some stuff to keep it different then computer rpgs.

Catavarie

First Post
Descriptions, descriptions, descriptions...really make the dungeon seem real, describe the musty stale air that is so thick it hangs like a heavy coat on the PCs bodies...the walls of granite are cool and rough to the touch belying their glossy finish...the cobwebs choke the old door which has rusted shut many years ago...

Give them ambiance, but being careful not to over do it....setting atmosphere for first time players can be tricky, you want to impress them without sending them into overload and scarying them away from the game....I know not exactly the answer to the question but its just something I like to keep in mind in all my games.

Remove ads