Your DDI Account Status

What is the status of your DDI subscription?

• I have an account and will continue to subscribe.

Votes: 106 47.5%
  • I had an account but canceled even before they announced the web based CB.

Votes: 25 11.2%
  • I had an account and decided to cancel it when they announced the web based CB.

Votes: 20 9.0%
  • I had an account but have decided to cancel it after trying the web based CB.

Votes: 29 13.0%
  • I was occasionally subscribing to update my CB, but will no longer be subscribing.

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • I was occasionally subscribing to update my CB and will be getting a full subscription now.

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • I was using another persons subscription and will now be getting my own subscription.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I was using another persons subscription and will not be subscribing.

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • I was not subscribed, but will be starting a subscription or have started one recently.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I am not a DDI subscriber and have no plans to subscribe.

Votes: 19 8.5%

I am, and would have liked an option of:

I give them a 1 year grace period (when my subscriptio runs out) and will decide then if it is useful for me...

Monster builder, encounter builder and character builders that work fast and well will be key aspects for my final decision.

Yesterday I tried the new builder... it is not that much worse than the old one... actually it already has improved on some aspects... you just have to learn it new...

p.s.: that does not mean that annoying bugs and some interface and loading issues should not be fixed soon. Also house rules need to be impelented, and in a better way than in the old builder...

wedgeski

Adventurer
Have always been and will continue to be a subscriber. As a DM the tools provided by my subscription are invaluable. Nothing that's happened over the past few weeks has even put a dent in it.

nerfherder

Explorer
I subscribed for 1 month about 6 months back, but we haven't played 4e since then, so I unsubscribed. I've decided to freeze our rules base at that point, so won't be subscribing again.

D&D 4e is just one of a number of games that we rotate through, so I don't think it's worth it for me to keep a year-round subscribtion.

Bagpuss

Legend
I've advised my players to unsubscribe until the CB is fixed. I'm still subscribing - honestly, as a DM I get more value out of the Compendium and Monster builder than I did out of the Character Builder anyways.

Yeah as the DM I'm the same, but the value of the Monster Builder is fading for me with the lack of updates. I like to export monsters to use in other programs and with no Dark Sun Creature Catalog update for the MB or even the Compendium the value of the serve is rapidly falling for me.

I cancelled my auto-renew even before the announcement of the web-based CB, due to the fall in quality of Dragon/Dungeon (although I think the support for Dark Sun has kept me interested) and the lack of updates to the offline builder and MB. It will expire naturally in May next year, and after seeing the new CB and the fact more resources are going to be wasted on the VT rather than getting the CB, MB and something I can actually use like an encounter builder sorted I'm very tempted to ask for a refund of my remaining months.

S

Sunseeker

I have paid up through January, though I have auto-renewal off. Though that is only because I don't know what my financial status will be in January.

As it stands, it works fine 90% of the time for me, and it recovers my data when it doesn't. I don't like that it's online only, but that's not a problem with the program itsself.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
I had an account but cancelled it when pdf's were pulled. When pdf's return (or another electronic format, as long as I can donwload it and "own" it myself), then I WILL get a DDI sub again (even though I don't play 4E).

I want it for Dungeon (adventures), and Dragon (Fluff), and to support the game I've loved for many years.

Kelanen

Explorer
My account renewed in November and I am leaving auto-renew on. I am happy with the service. There have been some growing pains with DDI but it's not a big deal to me or any of my players.

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Very happy customer, sometimes taken to giggling at the thought of the VTT.

I DM two games per week- one Maptools and one around the table.

Most of my players subscribe also, and have used the new CB to produce their characters, and experienced few or no problems- I've had one crash and it went right back in with no data lost.

I still use the MB because its 10 times easier than going through the books, and use of the compendium in-game is bordering on the awesome.

In a land where my morning coffee, bacon roll and newspaper costs slightly less than twice my monthly DDI account payment... well, I'd be a fool not too.

And when I say I- I mean me, other peoples experiences/opinions may differ.

Still giggling at the thought of the VTT.

Goonalan

hexgrid

Explorer
I just renewed for another year.

I never used the Character Builder anyway, and am looking forward to the online Monster Builder.

To me, it's worth it for just the the Compendium and Dungeon.

Remove ads