Your DDI Account Status

What is the status of your DDI subscription?

• I have an account and will continue to subscribe.

Votes: 106 47.5%
  • I had an account but canceled even before they announced the web based CB.

Votes: 25 11.2%
  • I had an account and decided to cancel it when they announced the web based CB.

Votes: 20 9.0%
  • I had an account but have decided to cancel it after trying the web based CB.

Votes: 29 13.0%
  • I was occasionally subscribing to update my CB, but will no longer be subscribing.

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • I was occasionally subscribing to update my CB and will be getting a full subscription now.

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • I was using another persons subscription and will now be getting my own subscription.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I was using another persons subscription and will not be subscribing.

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • I was not subscribed, but will be starting a subscription or have started one recently.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I am not a DDI subscriber and have no plans to subscribe.

Votes: 19 8.5%

Holy Bovine

First Post
My sub is up in Feb/11 and I won't be re-subscribing. My interest in RPGs in general and D&D in particular is at a low ebb right now. Of course that was true 6 months ago when I stopped DMing and last month when I quit one of my groups but I am still playing semi-regularly.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
No active but refunded option

I'm active and will continue to be active, but I've asked for a refund for certain months.

Here's my bar. If the characters I'm actively playing that could go in the old CB (our would have been able to go into the old CB with the promised Darksun & Essentials updates) can all be also in the current web-based CB, then they are giving me my money's worth.

I'm not requiring anything the old CB couldn't do (except the promised content updates). I'm not even requiring all the characters I've built for fun. Just if I can actually use the tool for the characters I play, I'll be happy. If that functionality isn't there, I've asked for refunds and will continue to ask for refunds.

I think they will get there - I hope it's soon for the sake of my gaming experience.

Droogie128

First Post
Where's the "waiting to see if they actually pull off the executioner well" option? I can live with the new CB, I mean it isn't like the original wasn't loaded with bugs at certain points (especially launch). The executioner release wednesday left a sour taste in my mouth, and reflects the low quality of dragon lately. The playtest had the potential to be my new favorite class, and they dropped the ball. Luckily, it was a mistake, and they have a chance to redeem themselves. However, I'll be cancelling my sub if they drop the ball on this one. Tired of disappointments from DDI exclusives.

renau1g

First Post
My annual sub runs out in, oh, March or so. At that time, I will re-up if two or more of the following things are true:

• The online Character Builder AT LEAST matches the utility of the old one;
  • There is a Monster Builder that AT LEAST matches the utility of the old (very buggy!) one;
  • The Virtual Table Top shows signs of being cool and usable soon;
  • The monthly content in Dragon and Dungeon is something I look forward to reading.

This. Well except in June....

Aegeri

First Post
I refuse to subscribe again until the MB is released in a fixed state. When I can build monsters faster and more effectively by hand and memory of the rules, the MB has serious issues.

I tried out the new character builder last night. I liked it, though in Firefox my scroll wheel wouldn't scroll things, and when I selected an option, the display window on the right would not start at the top of the entry, which I felt was a smidge odd.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I'm still subscribed for the compendium, but I'm seriously questioning it. I might let my sub lapse if my current 4e campaign winds to a close, but the Compendium is still "worth it" for me.

renau1g

First Post
It's interesting that the majority of DDI subscribers are still sticking with it, but that's about 91/168 (excluding those who never and will never), or just over 54%. Now I'm sure this small sample size doesn't extend to the full population of DDI subscribers, but it's still very telling (to me) that only a slight majority of the more hardcore 4e players (as I assume we all are, spending time here on a RPG site talking about D&D between games), will stay with the product...

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
The magazines are still pdf format...

But older edition material isn't, and is no longer legally available anywhere, in any format (except for ebay...). I was referring to the decision to pull pdf's of their products, especially older edition products, excluding Dungeon and Dragon.

But, you've inadvertantly highlighted a contradiction of WotC. If they are so worried about pirating of their products and have such a problem with the inability to make a secure, uncopyable pdf, why do they continue with Dungeon and Dragon in pdf format?:erm:

Probably a question for another thread though.

renau1g

First Post
If they are so worried about pirating of their products and have such a problem with the inability to make a secure, uncopyable pdf, why do they continue with Dungeon and Dragon in pdf format?:erm:

ummm have you read Dungeon/Dragon lately? There's likely a reason for that...who'd want to pirate them ;) The only good things were the free previews... well and the assassin article...but they screwed up and the final version isn't available until next month...

Remove ads