Your favorite lightsaber duel from the Star Wars saga

What is your favorite lightsaber duel out of all six Star Wars films?

• Qui Gonn vs. Darth Maul (Tatooine Desert) - TPM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Obi-Wan vs. Count Dooku - AOTC

• Anakin vs. Count Dooku - AOTC

• Anakin and Obi-Wan vs. Count Dooku - ROTS

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
demiurge1138 said:
Yoda vs. the Emperor.

Sure, almost all of it was done through CG. Sure, it was anticlimatic. But of all the lightsaber duels in a Star Wars movie, it's the only one leaves my jaw dangling. I think it's the music right as the box seat lifts up and the fight moves into the Senate Chamber. Just... so cool. Jaw-danglingly so.

Demiurge out.

Yeah that was amazingly cool. For some reason I kind of forgot about that one.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Menage a Trois, all the way.

Episode I is the weakest of the films...

But the three way light sabre duel was - until the Ride of the Rohirrim, the greatest action sequence of all time.

demiurge1138 said:
Yoda vs. the Emperor.

Sure, almost all of it was done through CG. Sure, it was anticlimatic. But of all the lightsaber duels in a Star Wars movie, it's the only one leaves my jaw dangling. I think it's the music right as the box seat lifts up and the fight moves into the Senate Chamber. Just... so cool. Jaw-danglingly so.

Duel of the Fates is probably one of the best pieces of movie music ever.

I love the new Battle of the Heroes, but it was so great to here Duel of the Fates reappear in the Yoda/Emperor duel in RotS. And thinking about music and duels, the end of the Vader/Luke fight in RotJ is great, too.

Kai Lord

Hero
I went with the Obi-Wan/Vader Mustafar duel. *The* most anticipated cinematic experience of my life, and they nailed it. The best choreography, acting, visuals, and tension of all the duels in the saga, and the music is right up there with the very end of the Luke/Vader fight in ROTJ (with ROTJ probably edging it out a little.)

Ewan McGregor's pitch perfect delivery of "I have failed you Anakin, I have failed you," gives an emotional punch that actually exceeds the visual splendor of the battle itself. It was everything I could have hoped for.

Second place would be Luke vs. Vader in Cloud City. One of the defining moments of my childhood, and I know it will have a nostalgic resonance for the rest of my life (in addition to still having great tension and drama, even today.)

And extra kudos for the Yoda/Palpatine fight turning all those dull senate chamber sequences into one big build up for a climactic action sequence. *Never* saw that one coming! Bravo.

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Luke vs Vader in ESB. It's simple yet elegant. Lots of cool moments in that duel that aren't necessarily flashy, but I just get tingles in my spine watching them (like Vader 1-handing the saber for the first 3rd of the fight!)

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
TracerBullet42 said:
I thought so too...weird. With a little searching I'm coming up blank, too. Perhaps we're just looney?

I know I am...
No, no, there already was a poll on this topic. It's just that, now that we've had time to accept RoTS as part of the whole, we're likely to see more balanced answers ruminating on all the movies.

Besides, talking about lightsaber fights is cool.

Demiurge out.

Remove ads