D&D 5E Your First Module

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
pic515153_md.jpg

guachi

Hero
Oh, man. Sorry about B9 being your first. It's a pretty terrible module.

It's a classic Clyde Caldwell cover with hot babe on the cover, though.

pdzoch

Explorer
First run ran was B1: In Search of the Unknown. In came in the Blue Box 1st Edition I got for Christmas. The first one I bought was B3: Palace of the Silver Princess, because a friend of mine purchased B2: Keep on the Borderland, which I got to be a player. Unfortunately, I never got the chance to run B3. The next one I would run would be U1: Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh, which I purchased a short while later. It was the first adventure that I think I finally got a handle on how to be a DM.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I've never run a module. Not making up your own stuff to run was looked down upon in my teenage gaming circle, so I've never really used them. I've read through a few, but they've never really grabbed me.

Croesus

Adventurer
First purchased was the original City State of the Invincible Overlord. While not a "module" in the modern sense, it had a ton of areas for characters to get into trouble, and I loved the maps of the caverns. I remember the first party to travel the streets nearly died a couple times. The players decided is was much safer in a dungeon. :)

Iosue

Legend
My story is similar to others. First module I played was B2 The Keep on the Borderlands. That very same was the first module I owned and ran, as the friend who introduced me to D&D gave me his Moldvay Red Box (he was moving on to AD&D). Technically the first module I bought was X1 The Isle of Dread, when I bought the Mentzer Expert Set. The first module I bought by itself was DL1 Dragons of Despair. Only played 1 session of it, though. We were almost entirely homebrew back in the day.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
I feel like such a latecomer.

First module I played was one of the Dark Sun flipbook adventures from the early '90s; I remember my character and some of the other characters but not the plot or what actually happened.

First module I ever bought was DL World of Krynn (it took a while before I knew anything about different editions of the game). Even as a newbie I recognized that having the freaking Tarrasque hanging out in Lord Soth's closet was pretty silly.

But I think the first module I actually ran was the old Thunder Rift "Quest for the Silver Sword.' I just didn't run it until 2015, as a means of introducing some friends to D&D 5e.

Remove ads