D&D 5E Your First Module

madrivi

First Post
Peering at the sands of time...i think that the first one i played was B3 Palace of the Silver Princess (i remember that first session fondly, but B3 is not one of my favourite modules ), it was 1983. The first module i bought and ran, was FRC2 Curse of the Azure Bonds, in 1989, it was fun to ran that first module with my friends, it set the base for 10 years of playing AD&D... Then a 15 year pause until LMOP :)

akr71

Hero
I played for a good while 'borrowing' my older brother's stuff, so the first module I purchased with my own money was likely one of the Dragonlance Adventures, probably DLA2 or DLA3.

The first module I ran for my friends was likely N1 - Against the Cult of the Reptile God, but it could have been T1 - The Village of Hommlet. Either way, we took turns DMing (quite badly) Monty Haul adventures.
The first adventure I played would have been B1 - In Search of the Unknown.

First Played: Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan (1980)
First Purchased and Run: Keep on the Borderlands (Moldvay Basic Set, 1981)

I then purchased separately and ran Dwellers of the Forbidden City, then the Expert Set and Isle of Dread, then Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth.

Last edited:

guachi

Hero
That's odd, I've always thought it was one of the better offerings in the B series.

Let me issue a guess; you think B2 is a better module?

Aside from B1, which is just a different beast, I think all the other B series modules are better than B9. I played most of it when I was younger but that's mostly because B9 has the benefit of short adventures and I didn't own B11 or B12 at the time.

MonkeezOnFire

Adventurer
First module I ran was a free one that I had found on Paizo's site that I cannot remember the name of. It involved a town that was stricken with an epidemic so the PCs are sent to an abandoned manor to fetch ingredients for a cure. The characters were a lot more memorable than the adventure and we still joke to this day about Lundoc the gnome barbarian with a low int and DJ Jazzy Jeoff the human alchemist that consistently blew himself up with his bombs.

The first module I purchased was Out of the Abyss. I still haven't run it yet as I'm currently going through it as a player.

The first module I owned came with the 2nd Edition DM screen: Terrible Trouble at Tragidor.
But I think the first I tried to run was Touch of Death for Ravenloft. Because a bunch of gamers were hanging around, we had that module handy, and I offered to DM it blind.

I was never a fan of prepublished, preferring to write my own stuff and considering it "lazy" as a DM. Totally elitist of me. But, apparently, not uncommon.
As such, it was a long time before I purchased a true adventure. It was likely one of the Ravenloft ones, to complete that collection.

Remove ads