D&D 5E Your First Module

werecorpse

Adventurer
1st played & 1st DMed: B1 - later owned it as a I got the boxed set as a gift.
Can't recall 1st Bought as we mostly home brewed, would have been a judges guild (they were cheaper & my friends bought the TSR stuff) maybe Caverns of Thracia, Portals of Torsh or Verbobonc?
I think the first TSR one I bought might have been DL1.

L R Ballard

Explorer
My group ran a home brewed campaign for a few years in the mid-1980s. A friend of mine owned the Isle of Dread, and I tried to run it, but I was only 12 at the time and didn't have enough of a grasp of the rules. I bought H4 The Throne of Bloodstone shortly after it came out. "Bloodstone," as we called it, became the go-to adventure for ending high-level campaigns.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Palace of the Silver Princess. But my older brother ran it. I'll never forget my very first PC, a cleric. We had the map in between us, and I had just killed a skeleton but was down to 1 hp. He asked which way I would go. I said left (my left). Problem, was that his left was the wall, not the door.

"You hit the wall and take 1 hp of damage. Oh, I guess that means you died."

Waterbizkit

Explorer
First purchased and first run: Curse of Strahd.

Everything prior has been homebrew, from when we started during 2e, through 3e and even a one-off for 4e. Until recently I never had the urge to play any of the published adventures, but now they're too convenient for me to pass up when one piques my interest. I simply don't have the time to homebrew as much as I used to and so far no one else wants to take a crack at the DM chair.

EvilPheemy

First Post
First module I purchased on its own was A-1 Slave Pits of the Undercity. I had Keep and Dread from the Basic and Expert sets but got A-1 from Bookworld in Carbondale Illinois.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

If we also count magazines that included adventures, then I have absolutely no idea of what was the first module I purchased. If we only count products that were specifically designed as adventures, then my first purchase ever was Valkenburg Foundation, for Werewolf: The Apocalypse. I know, nothing to write home about... xD

Tony Vargas

Legend
Just getting some nostalgia/ discussion going.

What was the first module that you purchased?
B1, I think it was, In Search of the Unknown, the one that came in the c1980 Basic Set, which, I'm guessing, I'd already played in. I promptly lost it, though. I finally got a copy and ran it using 5e the Feb after that came out. I guess that's my record for greatest lag between buying & running. ;)
What was the first module that you ran? Was it for D&D or another game system? Was it official?
"Sprechenhaltestelle." For Top Secret. From the pages of Dragon Magazine, but not technically official, I don't think. A complete trainwreck, since I ran it like a dungeon - which is the only reason I remember, with certainty, that I did run it, not just read it.

I'm not sure when I first ran a module for D&D. I'd carefully read through quite a few, bought or borrowed, and played in many (not always knowing if it was a module, made-up, or random, behind that DM screen) but I'd gotten the idea that the 'right' way to run D&D was to come up with your own stuff.

Remove ads