Your Kickstarter campaign is doomed

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Wow … I’m not entirely sure what this topic was originally about … but I am 100% sure it has gone wildly off that topic …
There was an appallingly bad Kickstarter campaign I was responding to, but since it's their first campaign, I didn't want to kick them around by naming them, but they were hitting all the classic mistakes.

In any case, in a grand irony, it turns out my dad was one of the campaign's handful of backers, so I guess I will be seeing the resulting book if it ever actually delivers (I remain skeptical on that score).

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
So, avoid Kickstarters with more than one of the OP's examples?
I constantly see people complaining that most of the campaigns they back fail. I've had two or so fail out of more than 60 backed. If I see any of those red flags, I don't back the project. I'm both a prolific backer and a cautious one.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I constantly see people complaining that most of the campaigns they back fail. I've had two or so fail out of more than 60 backed. If I see any of those red flags, I don't back the project. I'm both a prolific backer and a cautious one.
I've only had a single failure -- cult of personality person who used a social movement to launch his career and abuse people.

Remove ads