Pathfinder 1E Your Pathfinder campaigns - running Adventure Paths, published adventures, or homebrew?

What does the majority of your Pathfinder game consist of?

• Adventure Path

Votes: 58 46.0%
  • Published Adventures

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Homebrew Adventures

Votes: 43 34.1%
  • Not playing Pathfinder

Votes: 14 11.1%

Ahnehnois

First Post
My own ego (and this is just me) isn't that wrapped up in the need to create my own worlds and material.
It's not a question of ego. Creating worlds and material is the game, from my perspective. I'd be doing that in some sense regardless of whether I was playing D&D.

I think [MENTION=2303]Starfox[/MENTION] has it right: there are many different facets to DMing, and everyone has different strengths and weaknesses. I can create setting, character, plot, and rules a mile a minute, but if it were possible to contract out the drudgery of actually playing all the NPCs or of writing up summaries of what happened after a session I'd happily do it.

S'mon

Legend
if it were possible to contract out the drudgery of actually playing all the NPCs or of writing up summaries of what happened after a session I'd happily do it.

Offering players party XP is a good bribe, I find. :) Basically if a player writes a summary before the next session I award every PC XP equal to a minion of their level. Further summaries get half that.

kalgani

First Post
Homebrew Setting and Homebrew Adventures/campaigns

but i´m thinking about mastering the updated runelords AP in my homebrew setting.

LogantheBard

First Post
I find that there are many talents needed to be a good DM. Actor, scriptwiter, continuity editor, plot editor, you name it. On top of this you need to be a fair and impartial referee and rules guru. Some of these roles come easy for me, others are hard. I fond that Paizi helps me with some of my weaker parts, while letting me exercise the parts I am good at. So their product is a good match for me. But of course everyone's needs are different here -

This! I don't have enough spare time to write my own material. When I can prepare an adventure path in approximately one-third of the time, I will.

Shemeska

Adventurer
I'm not running anything at the moment, but I'll be running two games at GenCon this year.

Next campaign will be homebrew (set in Golarion and its planes).

Remove ads