• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Your Pathfinder campaigns - running Adventure Paths, published adventures, or homebrew?

What does the majority of your Pathfinder game consist of?

• Adventure Path

Votes: 58 46.0%
  • Published Adventures

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Homebrew Adventures

Votes: 43 34.1%
  • Not playing Pathfinder

Votes: 14 11.1%

Systole

First Post
Homebrew and 3pp APs. (Shout out for Way of the Wicked!) Pathfinder has some flaws ... okay, it has a LOT of flaws. But on the whole I think it is the best RPG around. However, there's pretty much nothing about Golarion that I like.

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
*cue Most Interesting Man in the World*

I'm not currently playing Pathfinder, but when I do, I plan to run Adventure Paths.

That could be taken as a joke, but that's exactly what I'm planning. When I wrap up my current 4E game and switch to Pathfinder, I plan to run APs (and maybe some modules for filler as needed). I plan to start with Skull & Shackles using goblin PCs. That ought to be entertaining. I've already warned them if one of them burns down the ship while they're in the middle of the ocean, they're SOL.

The games that I am running right now are not purely Pathfinder, but they have a lot of Pathfindery elements (I use Pathfinder classes, feats, and Combat maneuvers in a mostly D&D 3x game).

Similarly, I am running a lot of the encounters out of Pathfinder Gamemastery Modules and Adventure Paths, but not in the context of the adventures themselves.

For instance, I ran a big chunk of one of the Jade Regent adventures as an X-Crawl event. I snatched the battlemaps and critters and used them nearly verbatim, but put in my own connective information and rewards to make it seem all game-showy.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Homebrew and 3pp APs. (Shout out for Way of the Wicked!) Pathfinder has some flaws ... okay, it has a LOT of flaws. But on the whole I think it is the best RPG around. However, there's pretty much nothing about Golarion that I like.

Consider I've been playing PF for about 3 years now, and have never adventured in Golarion yet. But then I didn't adventure in Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms nor Eberron either - I play systems, not published settings (except for my own of course.)

GreyLord

Legend
We primarily seem to use Published Adventures, inclusive of Adventure Paths. We move MUCH more slowly than the AP's come out however, so we are FAR behind where the AP's currently are. One module/adventure for an AP can take us several months and an AP could take us over a year! So yes, AP's are far ahead of where we are in going through them.

adembroski

First Post
The only time I've ever run an Adventure Path was the DL# series... the original Adventure Path:p

Right now I'm running a Homebrew PF game based loosely on Sub-Roman Britain with some Arthurian Legend mixed in. Mostly real life analogies with fictional names to give me wiggle room. I like running pseudo-historic campaigns and I've found that by changing some names and details, players wont bother to call you on historical inaccuracy:p

Curmudgeonly

First Post
I don't have time to prepare my own campaigns anymore, so premade ones are a must for me. I've tried 2 of Paizo's APs and the group has enjoyed them both. Another in my group creates his own campaigns and he runs those, and a third does premades or his own depending on the time he has. I'm looking to run some from FGG next, either Slumbering Tsar, Rappan Athuk or Razor Coast. Haven't decided yet.

S'mon

Legend
We primarily seem to use Published Adventures, inclusive of Adventure Paths. We move MUCH more slowly than the AP's come out however, so we are FAR behind where the AP's currently are. One module/adventure for an AP can take us several months and an AP could take us over a year! So yes, AP's are far ahead of where we are in going through them.

In planning to run Curse of the Crimson Throne fortnightly, I am pencilling in two years for the campaign, around 40-45 sessions is my estimate. Some people on the Paizo boards have taken four years or more to do one AP.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
In planning to run Curse of the Crimson Throne fortnightly, I am pencilling in two years for the campaign, around 40-45 sessions is my estimate. Some people on the Paizo boards have taken four years or more to do one AP.

I expect it'll take my group about 18 sessions for most APs. :)

Cheers!

Remove ads