• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Your Pathfinder campaigns - running Adventure Paths, published adventures, or homebrew?

What does the majority of your Pathfinder game consist of?

• Adventure Path

Votes: 58 46.0%
  • Published Adventures

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Homebrew Adventures

Votes: 43 34.1%
  • Not playing Pathfinder

Votes: 14 11.1%

LogantheBard

First Post
I run adventure paths 90% as written. I love all of the storylines I've read (Played through 3 books of Serpent Skull before it collapsed, and am currently working through RotRL). We're about 6 2-3 hour sessions into book 1 of RotRL and are about to assault Thistletop. It's been a blast!

ggeilman

First Post
I am somewhat surprised at the numbers that 50% of those playing Pathfinder are running AP. The problem is that Paizo doesn't seem to write for us other 47%.

Ahnehnois

First Post
I am somewhat surprised at the numbers that 50% of those playing Pathfinder are running AP. The problem is that Paizo doesn't seem to write for us other 47%.
I agree with you; their emphasis on content seems to be working for them as a business model, but it's a bit bizarre to put so much effort and resources into producing material that essentially only serves to replace normal DM prep.

Starfox

Hero
I agree with you; their emphasis on content seems to be working for them as a business model, but it's a bit bizarre to put so much effort and resources into producing material that essentially only serves to replace normal DM prep.

Seems DMs are prepared to pay to not prep. I know I am.

Ahnehnois

First Post
Seems DMs are prepared to pay to not prep. I know I am.
I know some will, which is fine, but it's surprising to me that they found enough to support a company.

Me, (and this is just my own way of doing things), I'd rather do straight improv than run someone else's material.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
I know some will, which is fine, but it's surprising to me that they found enough to support a company.

Me, (and this is just my own way of doing things), I'd rather do straight improv than run someone else's material.

And I'd rather run prepped material. It's easier for me to tweak and change pre-existing material than to generate it all from scratch. My own ego (and this is just me) isnt that wrapped up in the need to create my own worlds and material. There's also the fact that when I was younger and I had more time to craft homebrew material and now I do not. There's nothing wrong with homebrewed material at all. It's just not what I want to spend time doing anymore so I support a company that I like by buying their material instead.

Starfox

Hero
I find that there are many talents needed to be a good DM. Actor, scriptwiter, continuity editor, plot editor, you name it. On top of this you need to be a fair and impartial referee and rules guru. Some of these roles come easy for me, others are hard. I fond that Paizi helps me with some of my weaker parts, while letting me exercise the parts I am good at. So their product is a good match for me. But of course everyone's needs are different here -

Remove ads