Your Top 10 Fantasy Movies

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
2) Legend

7) Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

And for the final 3? 3 I bet won't appear on many other lists;

8) Aladdin (Disney, animated)
9) Cinderella (Disney, Live-action)
10) Sleeping Beauty (Disney, animated, 1959)

I decided to leave animated movies off (even though puppets were in as per Dark Crystal) but agree that both Sleeping Beauty and Aladdin should rank among the best Fantasy movies. I'd also include Fantasia in the list due to it giving me nightmares and Little Mermaid as a personal favourite

and Legend? the Tim Cruise, Tim Curry outing? -really? I was soooo disappointed with that movie and does Robin Hood :( count as fantasy?

Radaceus

Adventurer
1. Time Bandits
2 Jason and the Argonauts
3. Golden Voyage of Sinbad
4. The Island of Doctor Moreau
5. Highlander
6. Excalibur
7. Willow
8. Legend
9. Labyrinth
10. Princess Bride

Honorable Mention:
Hawk the Slayer

Edit: wow, I forgot Dark Crystal!

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
1. Princess Bride
2. Lord of the Rings
3. Golden Voyage of Sinbad
4. Monty Python & the Holy Grail
5. Conan The Barbarian
6. Highlander
7. Beastmaster
8. Legend
9. John Carter of Mars
10. Shrek

horacethegrey

First Post
and Legend? the Tim Cruise, Tim Curry outing? -really? I was soooo disappointed with that movie and does Robin Hood :( count as fantasy?
Tim Curry as the Darkness was the best thing about Legend. Despite Ridley Scott amazing visuals (as usual), the movie was a bit of a slow moving bore.

And yeah, I wouldn't count Robin Hood Prince of Thieves as a fantasy film, unless there was some magical reason why Robin Hood is an American. :D

Ryujin

Legend
Tim Curry as the Darkness was the best thing about Legend. Despite Ridley Scott amazing visuals (as usual), the movie was a bit of a slow moving bore.

And yeah, I wouldn't count Robin Hood Prince of Thieves as a fantasy film, unless there was some magical reason why Robin Hood is an American. :D

Yes, clearly there were better Robin Hoods.

Attachments

• p14931_p_v8_aaa.jpg
    p14931_p_v8_aaa.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 279

Though I think Fellowship of the Ring is a better movie, I’d say that The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe is the more faithful adaptation.

My top ten would be similar to most of the ones already here, but the #1 slot will always belong to The Dark Crystal. It's so magical and wondrous, not to mention the art and craft that went into bringing the world to life.

On the converse, though, I will always have a soft-spot for low-rent 80s sword and sorcery flicks like the Sword and the Sorcerer and the Deathstalker series. Would they crack a top ten list? Not a chance. Will I watch them? Most assuredly.

Nytmare

David Jose
I mostly suck at top ten lists, and since everybody else already cleared out most of what my actual top ten would have been, what I figured I'd do is list my top fantasy movies that I didn't see on anyone else's list.

NYTMARE'S TOP TEN FANTASY FILMS THAT NO ONE ELSE PICKED YET, AND IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

The City of Lost Children
Dragon Slayer
Big Trouble in Little China
Constantine
The Last Unicorn
Troll Hunter
Jason and the Argonauts
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Hellboy
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

Last edited:

horacethegrey

First Post
NYTMARE'S TOP TEN FANTASY FILMS THAT NO ONE ELSE PICKED YET, AND IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

The City of Lost Children
Dragon Slayer
Big Trouble in Little China
Constantine
The Last Unicorn
Troll Hunter
Jason and the Argonauts
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Hellboy
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
*facepalm* I can't believe I forgot about The Last Unicorn. One of my all time favorites. I really should read the book though.

Remove ads