Your "Unique" Expressions

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
"Squid", used as a replacement for any other word or syllable (where what's being replaced is contextually obvious, usually) just because. It started at work long ago, then usually meaning "coffee", and expanded from there.

As in "Let's eat at McSquid's tonight" or "I'm gonna gas up the squid" or "Here's your squid and some sugar for it", etc.
Soooo…sorta like “jawn”.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
"That too"

Something I say whenever someone corrects me.

One I want to be my final words or on my tombstone.

"It only gets stranger from here."

A line spoken by Raistlin to Tanis as they flee Solace in Dragons of Autumn Twilight.

LoganRan

Explorer
I can't claim this as something I made up myself, but I will often invoke the phrase, "Son of a biscuit!" when frustrated. I heard someone use this phrase repeatedly at work a long time ago (presumably rather than saying "Son of a (female dog)" and it always struck me as an amusing way to curse without cursing.

EDIT for addition: I forgot to include a personal favorite of mine..."Living is hazardous to your health". I usually bring this one out when people start talking about all the possible downsides/hazards to any particular activity most especially eating delicious but unhealthy food.

Ryujin

Legend
I don't know that I really have any unique expressions, per se, but I do misappropriate expressions and use them for purposes other than they were intended. As with my previous comment elsewhere about, "Do you want fries with that?" to refer to charges that police wouldn't really hit you for by themselves, but are glad to lump on as a means of "adjusting the attitude" of some people they interact with.

Mezuka

Hero
"It's the WARRRRRR !"

We were starting a game of Twilight Imperium 3e. My friend's young son (7) was allowed to watch the game but wasn't allowed to talk. Just observe. He was very good at keeping quiet, observing our moves and counter moves. I could see his excitation level rise when our ships started moving towards each other. Finally, when two fleets reached the same hex for the first space combat, of the game, he couldn't control himself anymore and yelled. "It's the WARRRRRR !"

We all laughed. To this day, the expression has stayed with us. We yelled it every time the first engagement happens in any wargame we play.

Mad_Jack

Legend
I basically have my own language I use when nobody else is around and I'm just talking to myself.

(There are reasons they call me Mad, lol.)

But there's one thing I picked up as an offline habit that started on the Reaper miniatures forum - for a while, they had the forum software set to replace any profanity with the work "elf", so now I always say "Elf it" or "I need to get off my elf and do stuff"...

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
"That too"

Something I say whenever someone corrects me.
My cousin (a regular player at my D&D table) does that all the time. It often leads to confusion at the table if I correct him on a rule that he messed up, and he says "that too", making some of the players that weren't paying attention to be confused.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
My cousin (a regular player at my D&D table) does that all the time. It often leads to confusion at the table if I correct him on a rule that he messed up, and he says "that too", making some of the players that weren't paying attention to be confused.
I'm confused, am I your cousin?

Remove ads