Your "Unique" Expressions

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
"Well there's your problem."

Because I'm the one in the house fixing and/or solving things.

And my daughters each now say it too.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
“I would FEED you!”

This is typically- but not exclusively- said when someone asks for a favor and you either don’t do it quite right or you want to put off saying you’re going to do it. Basically, it’s used to needle the asker while being humorously ingratiating. Kind of, “I know this annoys you, but you know you love me, right?”

My Dad uses this with Mom almost weekly.

It originates from my college days. There was a girl I hung out with a lot who frequtly asked to go on “TC runs”* because she didn’t have a car. We always got the same thing when it was just us: a large unsweetened iced tea and 2 chicken soft tacos with guacamole and shredded cheese for me ( a few bucks); an ice water and 3 flour tortillas with butter (38¢).

After doing this at least a half dozen time in just a couple weeks, there was an interaction…

It seems that one of the staff thought she and I were dating, and- noticing this pattern- assumed I was being a crappy boyfriend. So he started hitting on her, trying to steal my not-girlfriend right in front of me. In stereotypically Mexican-accented english, he told her she should dump me. I tried to explain I wasn’t her beau, but…

“I wasn’t talking to YOU! Baby, quit this zero and get with a HERO! I would FEED you!” (Pointing at his chest with both hands.)

And he was loud enough the manager heard it above the din of the restaurant, taking him aside. We got our food and sat down to eat it, and then we both cracked up the second we looked at each other over the table.

We never saw that dude again.

Amusingly, the next time we went on a TC run, she decided to try my go-to because it always looked and smelled so good when I got it. So after she ordered, I asked for 3 flour tortillas and some butter for myself. (Cracked us both up.)

* a trip to the Taco Cabaña just off campus

Last edited:

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
And I killed it....single handedly

In a fight my party encountered a rakshasa. The others were busy with another creature. That left my mage to deal with the rakshasa. Later that's how I reported defeating it to the others. The single handedly part is said in a smooth voice with a hand gesture similar to Mr. McConaughey above.

Thomas Shey

Legend
Neither of this is original to me but the two I probably use most noticeably that are unusual are:

"I'll leave it as an exercise for the student." My wife often hits me for that one.

"I hate it when I'm right."

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
"Squid", used as a replacement for any other word or syllable (where what's being replaced is contextually obvious, usually) just because. It started at work long ago, then usually meaning "coffee", and expanded from there.

As in "Let's eat at McSquid's tonight" or "I'm gonna gas up the squid" or "Here's your squid and some sugar for it", etc.

Remove ads