• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Your weapon

Janx

Hero
Ah-ah-ahhhh!

Remember, police officers and martial artists around the world use clubs of various kinds- truncheons, nightsticks, escrima sticks, and some of the short staves are essentially clubs.

double-ahahaha back at ya :)

a club in the sense of rough looking improvised weapon weapon was what I was thinking when I wrote that profile.

A night stick, baton, etc certainly has the same mechanical functionality, but tends to be manufactured and refined.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Right, and while this translates into different mechanical characteristics in the real world, they do tend to be pretty much all lumped together in RPGs.

...unless they are martial arts clubs, in which case they usually get their kewl stunts written into their rules.

Janx

Hero
Right, and while this translates into different mechanical characteristics in the real world, they do tend to be pretty much all lumped together in RPGs.

...unless they are martial arts clubs, in which case they usually get their kewl stunts written into their rules.

True enough. I was attempting to provide a profile of the kind of people who would wield each weapon type. A bit of a stereotype, but I had pondered if it would fit what the OP was asking. Alas, the OP has vanished.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads