• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E You're the CEO of PAIZO. Now What?

Dimitris

First Post
I appreciate the awareness of James concerning the feedback of the APs, and I have to say that even I, that I dislike the high level adventures, I admit that the Council of Thieves final adventure was fantastic. :)
I was excited with Korvosa but I was not disappointed at all with the story outside the city. My opinion for the APs is that are really excellent work.

On the other hand, exactly because I am not inclined towards the high levels, I would not say no to APs of 4 issues instead of 6. The high levels tend to address world shaking events which is something I don't really like.

I think that what I like most in the APs is that they are giving life to the Golarion setting.

Dimitris

Out of Curiosity, if the GSL is such a problem for Paizo to sign, with the potential perceived threat to their main business if it changes, why don't they try to negotiate a seperate deal with WoTC? This has happened a few times before. Kenzar and Co's Kalamar, I believe had such a deal, as there book got to say D&D on it, istead of just d20 or OGL. I know seperate deals could be made if the sides are interested.

Festivus

First Post
I'd put up a form fillable PDF file for Pathfinder players to use.
I'd make some software for character building similar to that of Heroforge with all the options in it to make character creation easier.
I'd continue to produce high quality adventures and series.
I'd take a closer look at how the Pathfinder Society operates and see if the rule of DMs having to eat mods, and no replays makes any sense at all.
I'd consider not charging for Pathfinder Society modules.

Ok, this is more my wish list, but there you go. The first one has been on my list since the day of release for Pathfinder.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
You need to read all of Lisa's replies on that subject.

And the answer will be still no.

Out of Curiosity, if the GSL is such a problem for Paizo to sign, with the potential perceived threat to their main business if it changes, why don't they try to negotiate a seperate deal with WoTC? This has happened a few times before. Kenzar and Co's Kalamar, I believe had such a deal, as there book got to say D&D on it, istead of just d20 or OGL. I know seperate deals could be made if the sides are interested.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Agreed...
Explained already by Lisa.
That's common sense...
If I was CEO, I would ignore the advice of people who ignore repeated explanations why their idea isn't a good one.

If I was CEO, I would wonder why Paizo not supporting 4E is "us and them" but WotC not supporting 3E is just to be assumed.

If I was CEO, I would not produce products that have demonstrated to do poorly in the marketplace just because a person or two says they personally would buy it.

If I was CEO I would conclude that 4E's goal of not making too much work is failing in at leats one instance.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
qft!!!
this may have been a possible assessment before the internet age but it is just as likely, if not more so, that paizo's positioning will allow them to continue to grow their own fanbase in spite of d&d and even attract an increasing number of new players to their ranks as a new edition leaves more feeling disenfranchised by change or disenchanted with the new direction, whatever that may mean at the time. Paizo's strength currently feeds off of the what even diehard 4e fans see in wotc as a weakness, namely adventure writing and production. The talent that accounts for this disparity, often in the form of former wotc employees, has been the backbone of paizo and wotc has had years to replace that talent if it could or wished to do so, so it seems safe to say that there will not be an overlap of strengths in this area any time soon. Where wotc has really fallen down is in not making the gsl tempting enough to garner a more synergistic relationship, thus creating their own competition in this particular area of product development. It seems they were so sure that the open game movement was endangering their brand and market share that they didn't realize what a 180 reversal toward their isolationist policy would do in the same vein.

roguerouge

First Post
Get your modules to read on those Nooks and other e-readers. I tried to read Kingmaker on it, but the illustrations and maps kept causing it to freeze up.

guivre

First Post
CEO of Paizo edicts:

Fix the forums, they're awful, actually the site in general is pretty bad.

Smack some sense into customer service. A buddy emailed and called for a week before getting a response. Completely unacceptable.

Keep Pathfinder going the way it is. A small number of 'core' books and a large number of supplements. The book structure of Pathfinder is a huge appeal for our group.

resistor

First Post
Smack some sense into customer service. A buddy emailed and called for a week before getting a response. Completely unacceptable.

I'm going to guess that was a rare special incident. Paizo's customer service people generally have a good reputation, and every incident I've had (a couple of issues with address changes, one book with a damaged binding, etc.) were dealt with within hours.

Remove ads