YS's Red Hand of Doom

Rhun

First Post
Vrogor

"Cold ale and hot food, and quickly by Grummsh!" Vrogor stalks over to the table and takes a seat near Gastarn. While fighting the hobgoblins had given him some excitement for the day, the hot sun had begun to put the half-orc into a foul mood.

Turning his head at the wizard's comments, Vrogor considers the question for a moment. "Hobgobs not just bored. Not risk reprisal in force by deploying in number if not up to something."

Starman

Adventurer
"That's what I'm thinking, too. I wonder if that holy symbol of Tiamat has anything to do with this? Could there be some unholy alliance behind this?" the mage asks.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
"Ack lass, bring me a sample of any locally brewed liquor, me throat is mighty parched" Delghar listens intently to the conversation between Grog and Gastarn "Laddies it's pointless ta speculate about such things, mayhap we should leave such talk until we meet this speaker" turning as the halfling brings over an assortment of locally brewed liquor Delghar turns to the halfling with a gleam in his eyes and settles down to sample and discuss the merits of the alcohol.

Starman

Adventurer
The mage barks a short laugh. "Speculation is never pointless, my friend. Vrogar understands that and no one has accused him of having too much mental prowess. However, if you don't feel up to it..."

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
<Hm, a good strong lady as captain of the guards, this is certainly nice to see> Enala follows along the party, mostly observing. Once at the Inn, though, she is a bit more relaxed. "Well, maybe Soranna and the Speaker already have more information. We certainly don't have a lot to go off of."

Last edited:

Yellow Sign

Explorer
After a hot meal and a few drink, you retire to your room to mend broken armor, torn clothing, and the like. You are just settling into your rooms with a knock comes at the door. Outside in the hallway stands a tall, balding man of about fifty and Soranna.

95650.jpg

"Sorry to trouble you travelers, but I'd like a few minutes of your time," the man says. "My name is Norro Wiston, and I'm the Town Speaker for Drellin's Ferry. You have already met our guard Captain, Soranna. I'll get right to the point. We're in a lot of trouble, and I was hoping that I could persuade you to help us out."

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Nodding, Enala looks around. "You probably do not want to talk about this out in the hallway, though... I'm certainly willing to help, though, depending on the circumstances."

Starman

Adventurer
Gastarn waves them in. "Yes, step in here, if you will." The mage stands up and makes room for them.

"Soranna, it is good to see you again." He smiles. "Before we agree to anything, though, why don't you first tell us what is going on."

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Clip growls at the knock on the door, though with a ruffling of his ears from Coyo, he calms and lays his head back down. The wolfhound's eyes however do not leave the doorway.

With the arrival of the speaker and the captain of the guard Coyo smiles, perhaps they have a good job for them.

Rhun

First Post
Vrogor, with a flagon of ale in hand, sits quietly in an armchair in the room's corner. His boots are off, and his hairy, dirty feet are propped up on the nearby ottoman. The silly, lop-sided grin on his face clearly indicates that he is starting to feel the effects of the ale he has been consuming all afternoon. He gives a short nod of acknowledgement to Soranna and Norro as they enter the room.

Remove ads