YS's Red Hand of Doom

Yellow Sign

Explorer
The Speaker excepts your invitation and he and Soranna enter your room.

"Our town is under attack," the speaker begins. "Hobgoblin raiders have been harrying our lands for several days now. They're attacking and killing people in the outlying homesteads, and they've been waylaying travelers along the Dawn Way."

Captain Soranna adds, "We've had some trouble with them before - a quick raid on homesteads on the west side of the river, usually not that bad - but this is different. It looks like a large agressive tribe have moved down out of the Wyrmsmoke Mountains. Frankly, I fear they might be numerous enough to sack the town."

"Beyond the immediate threat to our homes, the road is our lifeblood," the Speaker continues. "If the hobgoblins make the Dawn Way impassible to the west, trade won't come this way, and we'll be ruined. Not only do we need to repel the raiders from our town, but we've got to keep the road open. Can you help us do it?"

Starman

Adventurer
"Well, we did have business of our own we were attending to," Gastarn says casually. "I'm not sure we can make time to save some small village from destruction this time." He shrugs and grins arrogantly.

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Starman said:
"Well, we did have business of our own we were attending to," Gastarn says casually. "I'm not sure we can make time to save some small village from destruction this time." He shrugs and grins arrogantly.

Speaker Wiston stares at Gastarn with a look of confusion while Captain Soranna gives out a low grunt as a sneer forms on her face.

Last edited:

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Turning to glare at Gastarn Delghar turn back to address the Speaker and the Captain"Ignore the fool of a mage, he's got it in his head that he's actually important. As you can see we're few in number, and we would ne survive taking on a whole tribe of hobgoblins, so what exactly did ye have in mind"

Rhun

First Post
"Bah," says Vrogor, climbing unsteadily to his feat. "We kill hobgobs. Work up sweat. Good for soul." The huge half-orc tosses off the rest of the flagon of ale, and grins widely at the group.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Enala gives Gastarn a sideways glance. "Excuse Gastarn. He sometimes needs some... incentive to be convinced to do the right thing." She gives a shrug and looks at the visitors. "I, of course, already assume there'll be some benefit to helping you and your town, aside from the feel of accomplishment."

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Lord_Raven88 said:
Turning to glare at Gastarn Delghar turn back to address the Speaker and the Captain"Ignore the fool of a mage, he's got it in his head that he's actually important. As you can see we're few in number, and we would ne survive taking on a whole tribe of hobgoblins, so what exactly did ye have in mind"

"We've tried to take care of these hobgoblins ourselves. We sent a dozen guardsmen west on the road to find out where the hobgoblins are lairing, but they got cut to pieces a few miles inside the forest. They are using fearful monsters and evil magic against us. Until you showed up, we haven't had any heroes here who could stand up to them." says the Speaker.

Jdvn1 said:
Enala gives Gastarn a sideways glance. "Excuse Gastarn. He sometimes needs some... incentive to be convinced to do the right thing." She gives a shrug and looks at the visitors. "I, of course, already assume there'll be some benefit to helping you and your town, aside from the feel of accomplishment."

"You'd be helping a lot of people if you could deal with the problem," says the Speaker. "But we could pay you as much as 500 pieces of gold each, if you could drive off the hobgoblins."

Last edited:

Starman

Adventurer
Yellow Sign said:
"We've tried to take care of these hobgoblins ourselves. We sent a dozen guardsmen west on the road to find out where the hobgoblins are lairing, but they got cut to pieces a few miles inside the forest. They are using fearful monsters and evil magic against us. Until you showed up, we haven't had any heroes here who could stand up to them." says the Speaker.

"Maybe if you tried training your guards to do more than stand around," the mage mutters under his breath.

Yellow Sign said:
"You'd be helping a lot of people if you could deal with the problem," says the Speaker. "But we could pay you as much as 500 pieces of gold each, if you could drive off the hobgoblins."

Gastarn tries to stifle his snort. 500 gold pieces? That's it! Still, perhaps there will be some fine young maidens who will be grateful for being saved. And I am curious about this connection to Tiamat.

"Well, I dislike hobgoblins as much as the next person, especially when they are encroaching on innocent people's territory. I suppose that for 500 gold pieces, I can be convinced to offer my services."

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Enala nods, having expected Gastarn's comments. "Can you give us any more information on these hobgoblins? I wonder if it would be easier to go after any encampent they have or to just stick to the road."

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Delghar grins in slightly intimidating matter "So the hobgoblins don't much like visitors eh, well Grog and meself can be quite persuasive when we put our minds to it" patting his greataxe in an affectionate manner "Very persuasive"

Remove ads