• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

YS's Red Hand of Doom

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Jdvn1 said:
Enala nods, having expected Gastarn's comments. "Can you give us any more information on these hobgoblins? I wonder if it would be easier to go after any encampent they have or to just stick to the road."

"I they have been operating out of the Witchwood but so far we have been unable to locate their encampment." says the Captain. "There have been at least three different warbands around our lands at the same time, each about fifteen to twenty strong, so they are about fifty strong at the minimum."

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
"Well." Enala considers the information. "That is certainly a lot of them. I would guess that travelling the road would be easiest, since we would hopefully only have to take maybe five hobgoblins at a time. What do you think Gastarn?"

Starman

Adventurer
The mage leans back and strokes his chin. "Hmmm...I would expect them to have the road watched, though. That is where we were ambushed. I would suggest staying away from the road. Perhaps, we could find one of their patrols and follow them or backtrack their trail to their encampment."

Yellow Sign

Explorer
"Maybe this will help?" says the Captain as she pulls out a map. "This is the Witchwood and Drellin's Ferry.

110597126_d7a080fb87.jpg

Starman

Adventurer
Gastarn looks over the map. There's Vraath Keep. That would make an excellent base of operations for these scum to operate from. They better not take our treasure that's in there.

The mage points at the keep on the map. "What do you know of this Vraath Keep?"

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Starman said:
Gastarn looks over the map. There's Vraath Keep. That would make an excellent base of operations for these scum to operate from. They better not take our treasure that's in there.

The mage points at the keep on the map. "What do you know of this Vraath Keep?"

Captian Soranna looks down at the map. "Yes, it's an old ruined castle about 15 miles or so west along the Dawn Way. Hummm....it certainly possible that the hobgoblins have seized it for their stronghold. It's supposed to be haunted, but they might not care."

Rhun

First Post
Vrogor looks over the map. "Many places for enemy to hide. Keep, forest, hills...we should go to Vraath Keep. Either kill hobgobs there, or use keep for selves."

Ferrix

Explorer
"The road would be watched. And ambushes easy. This footpath may take us longer," Clip taps the map, "but it'll be safer."

"We pick it up here," he points to where the footpath first intersects the Swift Creek closest to the River, "follow it across the Dawn Way to where it crosses the Swift Creek, cut up to Cold Creek and backtrack along the edge of the Old Forest Road to Vraath Keep."

He stabs at the map again with his finger, "they won't expect us coming from that direction especially if we leave clues that we've departed Drellin's Ferry to go up the Elsir River. We boat a bit upriver, set up a camp about here, he points at a spot a bit past the joining of the Creek with the River, "then at night boat back downriver and slip into the Swift Creek, conceal the boat when we reach the path and proceed on foot."

"Our other option is to follow the path up to Cold Creek and follow it westerly till it also reaches the Old Forest Road and skirt that to the Keep." He scratches at the perpetual scruffiness on his face.

Starman

Adventurer
Gastarn nods at Clip's suggestion. "I think the footpath is a good idea, but I don't think we need to go to all the trouble of making a false trail on the river. I would imagine that they are feeling fairly confident right now, despite the fact that we slaughtered that group on the road."

Remove ads