Yttermayn's Infractus Experiment OOC (recruiting closed)

Yttermayn

First Post
This will be our OOC thread for the experiment. For those wandering in here and don't know what this thread is about, recruitment was done privately. You are welcome to lurk or even comment.
I hope to keep anything OOC strictly in this thread so that we have an easier time collecting and editing the IC thread later. The key to this thing (one of several) will be keeping things organized. I don't know about you all, but that is a bit of a challenge for me.
This will be a good place for us to discuss rolls, character reactions, character development issues, address setting flavor concerns, etc. I also want us to feel comfortable enough to freely critique each others writing contributions, including my own.
This is a game and a writing experiment. With a few creative, reliable forum members I am hoping to generate and promote some good storytelling, collect and edit it when we come to a satisfying conclusion, and possibly even publish it under some flavor of creative commons license.
Rules system: very loosely based on d20 modern, deliberately vague. Character sheets are a guideline, not a total encompassing document. We are focused on character personality, motivations, relationships, etc. Likewise, die rolls will be treated as guidelines and can be completely overruled if it makes the story we are crafting better, particularly if the players involved write up a paragraph or so of how the roll was accomplished or failed (remember, this is about story, not winning :)).

More to follow...

Leif

Adventurer
Alright, Dudes and Dudettes! You're listening to K-*whew*, KWEW, and you got yer Billy Saturn comin' atcha, making your sunrise a little brighter and your cereal a little crunchier. Sit back and gnaw that bacon while I caress those lobes with some classic Deep Purple! Who feels like a "Highway Star" this morning, anybody?

[sblock=Deep Purple]*music begins loudly* "Nobody gonna take my car, I'm gonna race it to the grou-hound! Nobody gonna beat my car it's gonna break the speed of sou-wound Oooh, it's a killing machine. It's got every-thing. Like a drivin' power, big fat tires and every-thing. I LOVE IT! I NEED IT! I SEED IT! Alright, Hold Tight, I'm a Highway Star...."
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"A crisis of faith: Padre Gorge Rodriquez"

It was a senseless act of violence. He was on a simple mission of mercy, a medical mission to an isolated village in the Central highlands of xxx fill in the blank xxx when the village was attacked by the GUERILLA solders. for WHAT. FOR WHAT?! TO STEAL THE VERY FOOD AND MEDICINES THAT WERE MEANT FOR THE PEOPLE OF THE VILLAGE!!!

And to add insult to injury, they killed. Every one of the villagers. they only left two people. A fellow clergyman and himself. to tell the world about who did this. to spread the terror.

It was senseless.

Last edited:

Yttermayn

First Post
Characters as I understand them so far, with suggested details:

Scott's:
A Padre who was serving the people of a tiny village in Columbia. (According to the CIA website, there's only two active guerrilla groups active still in latin america, both in Columbia.) A group of armed men claiming to be a guerrilla group came to 'resupply', and after protestations, someone snapped and the killing began. The padre and his (understudy? assistant?) were the only survivors. The Padre has been suffering a crisis of faith since the incident and immigrated to the U.S.
Gorge is dour and suffering from PTSD.

Leif's:
A classic rock and morning commute news DeeJay for KWEW. They station managers call it "K-wow" but Billy thinks that it sounds stupid like that. The station has hired a starry-eyed intern to get everybody coffee and delegate unimportant tasks to. He seems to like to linger around Saturn as much as he is able. It is not clear why he does this.
Billy Saturn is easygoing and impulsive.

Helfdan's:
A 911 first responder and an obsessive, he takes unsuccessful rescues as his own personal failures. He was ordered to see a therapist by his superiors, but he feels the only thing that can redeem him is saving lives. He is driven and tragic.

These are only my impressions of these characters, blended with some suggestions. Feel free to go with it to any degree you feel like, they are your chars...

Leif

Adventurer
Leif's:
A classic rock and morning commute news DeeJay for KWEW. They station managers call it "K-wow" but Billy thinks that it sounds stupid like that. The station has hired a starry-eyed intern to get everybody coffee and delegate unimportant tasks to. He seems to like to linger around Saturn as much as he is able. It is not clear why he does this.
Billy Saturn is easygoing and impulsive.
Hahaha, Billy does think it sounds stupid that way. (I incorporated this into my previous post, too.) ;)
I haven't named the 'intern' yet, have I? Or ... maybe I have?

Oh, and I like your impressions of Billy, Yttermayn!

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
You are welcome to lurk or even comment.

*snip*
With a few creative, reliable forum members

Phew, thanks for the allowance to post here Yttermayn ;)

Just had to say I don't think I've ever heard creative and reliable about ol' Dewar and 'specially about even older Leif :p

Just messin' with ya guys. Have fun.

Leif

Adventurer
I don't think I've ever heard creative and reliable about ol' Dewar and 'specially about even older Leif :p
I'll have you to know that I am a veritable spring chicken next to that Grognard DeWar! :p

[sblock=DeWar]Not to intrude upon your character creation or anything, DeWar, but shouldn't your character's name begin with a "J," if you were going for "Hor-hay" that is? [eg. "Jorge"] You know what? I'll just sit down and shut the f*** up [En Espanol -- cállate la boca], how 'bout it?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure

Scott's:
A Padre who was serving the people of a tiny village in Columbia. (According to the CIA website, there's only two active guerrilla groups active still in Latin America, both in Columbia.) A group of armed men claiming to be a guerrilla group came to 'resupply', and after protestations, someone snapped and the killing began. The padre and his (understudy? assistant?) were the only survivors. The Padre has been suffering a crisis of faith since the incident and immigrated to the U.S.
Jorge is dour and suffering from PTSD.

*SNIP*

These are only my impressions of these characters, blended with some suggestions. Feel free to go with it to any degree you feel like, they are your chars...

for the 2ndary character I was thinking of an older priest that was with him. someone who is much more adjusted to tragedy and has been so far the and that kept Jorge from the edge.

Yttermayn

First Post
I hadn't considered an older priest. Go with it! I wonder if he's just jaded, or too old and crotchety to be bothered much (Grognard indeed. Shouldn't be too hard to play him!), or if he really has like +20 faith or something. I'll be curious to see how he develops.

As for Billy, I keep thinking about the nature of the relationship with the intern. I'm pretty sure Billy ignores or is casual-friendly with him, but how does the intern feel? Has he got a man-crush? Is he gay? Maybe the intern is a girl/woman instead? How old is Billy again? I see him as being of the hippie generation, myself.

How's it coming along, Helfdan?

renau1g: Guess I could have worded it better. It was meant to be welcoming, rather than authoritarian. Guess I'll go cry in a corner now. ;-)

Remove ads