Zombies and Crooks (DM:Mal Malenkirk Judge: Covaithe )

Tomalak

First Post
Andrec is just passing through, between his apartment (in a better neighborhood) and the Hanged Man - which direction depends on the time of day. He might also just be out for a decent bite, if the sun is high.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Ye were in the tavern, no? I remember seeing ye there when I first came in. My name's Mesa. Ye live here? It seems..." He glances around, a grin playing acrossed his face. "Well, I honestly seen wolves' dens more inviting, but I'm told it's cheap, and for me cheap is good. How do ye find it?"

"I was, I was," Montroya says standing perfectly straight and still. "I do live here, but I prefer to spend my time outside. The temple of Apoli does not have living quarters for me." The corners of the deva's mouth curls up almost in a snarl. The invoker's head jerks to the side, following movement, and Montroya leaps into the corner of the room. When he turns around, a dead rat is grasped in his hands, and blood drips from his mouth. A look of shock is on his face and he drops the dead rat, blood drips from his hands to the floor.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC to everyone]
Could those of you who have the Character Generator upload or email me their PCs in that format?

Those who don't, I'll enter their PCs in the Generator myself.

That way, I can create a small library of all the PCs involved in my adventure and it's a lot faster to consult then the wiki.[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Rules are fine with me. I don't have the CB, so you'll have to do it yourself.

What is our cast so far? Class/race?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=EvolutionKB]Look at the first post.[/SBLOCK]

Jarel-karn was up since a time. He was stretching and doing some exercise and then eat a bit. His apartment was pretty empty. Just a bed that was almost falling apart. He recently arrive in the city and had found the first cheap room he could find. He was rich, but his fortune was in three items, three magical items, heirloom from his lost father, and his only way of living. He had to find a way to earn some money and heard this city was a center of mercenary work.

He walk to his window and look through it. He see the Raging Sea Gull in front of him. The street was living. The smell was bad, but he found it more interesting than the death stench of some part of the Valley of Bones.

Attachments

• Jarel-karn.dnd4e
    91.4 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:

Stringbean2142

First Post
[sblock=Character Builder and Other Stuff]I have it, but at home. I'll email you the file when I get home from work tonight, which is in about four hours from the time of this post.

As for class/role, we have a warlord for helaing and tactical superiority, a swordmage defender guaranteed to frustrate our enemies, two strikers (ranger gives us either long range artillery or a whirlwind of dual blades, while the barbarian will give us a slugger), and two controllers (close control courtesy of moi, and longer-range mayhem from our friend the rat-catcher). For a first come, first serve party we're remarkably balanced.[/sblock]

Mesa jumps as the deva moved, starled by the sheer randomness of the pounce. He could feel his toes-claws trying to dig into the wood, preparing to either fight or get him out of the room. When he sees the rat, he relaxes and a smile crosses his face.

"Ye know, yer technique could use some work, but ye grabbed that rat quick as some of my brothers could. Keep that up, and we may have to make ye an honorable shifter and induct ye into the Pride." He shifts his pack to where he could reach it and pulles a spare piece of cloth out. Handing it to to the deva, he says, "If ye're that hungry, I smelled some cooked fish on the way here..."

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Uh?]
A Deva Invoker and a Shifter Druid are in the same room, guess who is most likely to snatch a rat and eat him?

The deva of course...

That was weird! Something to do with past lives, I expect.
[/sblock]

[sblock=More on rules]
I always give the passive stats of all my monsters. You will know the defenses, HP, resistances, Immunities and Opportunity attack values of my monsters.

Yeah, I know, it results in surprisingly well informed PCs... The upshot though is major; you don't have to wait for my confirmations of whether you hit or not. Assuming you didn't forget things like cover and concealment, you will know if your attacked hit or not. And if by hitting you grant special effects, the next poster knows that he can take advantage of it. If the monster is dead, the next poster can immediately act accordingly.

Basically, you have to pay attention to what the posters before you have done in that round; all the info is here. This is really necessary considering the way I run turns. Without knowing all this info about the monsters, you'd constantly need for me give you feedback before acting and nothing would be gained in term of speed.

Occassionnally, I have to do retcons though; some of you will inevitably on occasion forget about some bonuses or penalties and so I'll need to step in to correct the course but that's a DM's life.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Starting]I am working on a few tokens and still hoping a judge will show up soon but I'll start the action tonight in either case.[/sblock]

[sblock=Velmont]I think your PC is too well equipped.

I know the general guidelines for creating a PC of higher level is 3 magic items of level +1, +0 and -1 but I think you have managed to display the absurdity of applying this rule in the specific case of a level 2 PC.

If you adventure through level 1 to level 2, you are lucky to get 1 magic items (typically a DM will hand out 4 magic items to a group of 5 and 720 gold to the entire party). Now, because you start at level 2, you have THREE magic items! Sure, two are lowly level 1 magic items but the restriction on the number of daily power items you can use make that point nearly moot anyway.

That makes you just too strong compared to the others. A judge needs to take a look at that but for now I want you to keep just one (The level +1), which is what you'd expect from a PC who has adventured through 1 level.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Stringbean2142

First Post
[sblock=Of Devas and the Lives They Destroy...]If I'm remembering right from reading his background, Montroya's got some pretty messed up past life issues to deal with. He's trying to follow the path of righteousness, but there's a darkness in him that's straining to get out, that sort of thing. I think there was something about becoming something else in his past life.

Still, it is a bit shocking to see the Deva Invoker making my Shifter look like a well-mannered, civilized person by comparison. He might not want to stick around with Mesa, though, if he's looking to become more civilized and less primal...[/sblock]

[sblock=Rules Question]How are actions we take on other people's turns handled? Should we just jump in when we see we have something to do, even if we've already gone before. For instance, talking. Say Mesa goes, then Montroya, and Mesa sees something now that he wants to tell Tor. Should I just post my free action then? This also could apply to immediate intterupts, such as Angelic Intervention of a paladin that lets the paladin take the hit for another PC. I know that's a higher level, but it's the best example I can think of while I'm sitting at work.

That's the only real question I'd have about the rules. Beyond that, I like the streamlining for PbP games it gives![/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads