Zombies and Crooks (DM:Mal Malenkirk Judge: Covaithe )

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Stringbean]
How are actions we take on other people's turns handled? Should we just jump in when we see we have something to do, even if we've already gone before. For instance, talking. Say Mesa goes, then Montroya, and Mesa sees something now that he wants to tell Tor. Should I just post my free action then?

Basically... Yep.

Concerning Interrupts; interrupt are pretty much always triggered on my turn, when the bad guys act, so I handle them.

We play it by ear. If possible the player give me his criteria for using the power. For example, in my other games there is a fighter who states upfront that the first time he takes more than 8 points of damage he will trigger his Unbreakable utility power.

I also sometime retcon things. An example is the hafling telling me he would have used his second chance on the last attack. I reroll and if necessary edit.
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Jarel-karn magical item]By the rules of L4W, he is pretty legal, but yes, it's true that is stronger than an average lvl 2 of L4W. Creation rules tell you can start with a lvl and a lvl -1 item and gold value = to a lvl-1 item. One judge have come across my character and his only comment on the equipment was I might be able to get an adventurer's kit for free... which I don't think I would take anyway.

If that cause you too much a problem, I might see what I can do. Anyway, IC seems to have a tendency to hinder my swordmages :p

By the way, Trevor had a lvl+1 and a lvl+3 item when he retired. But I concead it was not all meat and butter stuff.[/SBLOCK]

Stringbean2142

First Post
[sblock=Character Sheet]I've attached Mesa's Character Builder file.

Mal, I was going to e-mail it to you but it says that option has been disabled by the administrator. I think it has something to do with why I can't enable e-mailing, as well. If you need my e-mail address, send me a PM and I'll give it to you there.[/sblock]

View attachment Mesa.dnd4e

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Velmont]No offense to our previous DM, but the fact you inherited a second item when you were still level 1 is due to the fact that he obviously paid no attention whatsoever to the equipment of the characters present. He didn't look at who needed to catch up and what items would be useful to who. Dumb luck, basically.

That's why he handed out a staff of winter to a wizard without a single cold spell in his repertoire and why he handed gloves that were useless to everyone except two PCs (Skaliss and Trevor) who already had enough magic items for their levels while several of the other PCs in his group entered and left the adventure itemless and behind the power curve.

But even that was still not as good as that 3 items combo you are now using.

Everyone is going to retire at level 2 and come back if the system is that generous!

Bottom line, having a magic item for each of your stats and being level 2 basically puts you 2 points over a typical character of your type in every single aspect and that's just too much so please drop two.

How could I possibly give treasures to that guy in good conscience when he is so far ahead of the power curve?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ecce

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Away from home, I'll have the character sheet up tomorrow. Matlal is still chillin' in the restaurant.[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Initiative]Since I don' yet have all your PCs in a convenient little folder, you will roll your own initiative for this one fight and will post it along either a save file of your PC on the character generator, like Velmont and Stringbean did, or else include a link to your wiki page for your characters.

While I am on it; of course we use Invisible Castle. Always fill your character's name in the appropriate box. I will do the same, using DM Malenkirk for this campaign. That way anyone can verify to his heart's content the past rolls used for that character and ascertain no one is re-rolling discreetly.

As one accounting teacher's said : Trust but Verify. ;)
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Signature]
Ah, yes, many people link their PC to their signature. I sometime forget because I disable signatures on my account so I don't see them.
[/sblock]

Tomalak

First Post
Since I don' yet have all your PCs in a convenient little folder, you will roll your own initiative for this one fight and will post it along either a save file of your PC on the character generator, like Velmont and Stringbean did, or else include a link to your wiki page for your characters.

While I am on it; of course we use Invisible Castle. Always fill your character's name in the appropriate box. I will do the same, using DM Malenkirk for this campaign. That way anyone can verify to his heart's content the past rolls used for that character and ascertain no one is re-rolling discreetly.

As one accounting teacher's said : Trust but Verify. ;)

I don't have the updated ddi, so here's my wiki page. L4W:pC:Andrec (Tomalak - ENWiki)

What is Invisible Castle?

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=ooc]If I survive to level 2, you'll see where I'm going with Montroya's personality. Invisible castle is most often used here on enworld to roll dice. Works best if you create an account(free) to add notes to the rolls. Roll Dice

Character sheet link: http://www.enworld.org/wiki/index.php?title=L4W:PC:Montroya_(EvolutionKB)&oldid=13519

Init: 13
Roll Lookup

Maybe a judge could comment on the equipment issue?[/sblock]

Montroya takes the cloth wiping his hands and mouth off, leaving the cloth red with blood. The deva hands it back to the shifter. "Thank you. I don't know what came over me." Montroya looks troubled and disturbed at his actions. "I don't care for fish, but I need something to get the taste of rat out of my mouth. I'll keep an eye out for the landlord for you. Where are you staying for now?" The deva leaves, head down, looking for a street vendor selling bread or sweets.

Remove ads