New PATHFINDER MINIS Include The Mimic!

This week, let's take a look at two related upcoming Pathfinder miniatures: the chest and the mimic! The Dungeons Deep set includes a variety of dungeon dressing pieces, and this is no exception. But is the chest just a chest, or will you switch it out for the mimic when your players get too close?

This week, let's take a look at two related upcoming Pathfinder miniatures: the chest and the mimic! The Dungeons Deep set includes a variety of dungeon dressing pieces, and this is no exception. But is the chest just a chest, or will you switch it out for the mimic when your players get too close?

Recent Pathfinder minis previews include a sarcophagus with removable mummy, a burning brazier and gargantuan red dragon, and a sasquatch and a bubbling cauldron!

20150206-Mimic.jpg

20150206-Chest.jpg

dracomilan

Explorer
It still amazes me how such a peculiar monster was turned into OGL content and a competing company can now make money out of it.

The miniature set looks brilliant, but I will never buy it.

Zil

Explorer
It still amazes me how such a peculiar monster was turned into OGL content and a competing company can now make money out of it.

The miniature set looks brilliant, but I will never buy it.

I don't really understand this. Company A open-sources a monster via a license that they themselves created (i.e. OGL). Company B then uses the monster entirely within the terms of the license that the monster was released. Your reaction is to boycott the competing product for what reason? Are you implying that Company B actually did something wrong? What am I missing?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
A mimic doesn't really have a description. It's a chest or a lamp post or a toilet or a table or rock.

dracomilan

Explorer
I'm pretty torn about this. The OGL was great, and I sure want a new edition of that, but still I think it went too far in its scope. Turning tons of product identity monters (and spells, and items) into OGC really put the future of the business at risk...
Anyway to answer your question: no, Company B did not something wrong. Company A did something stupid (as in idealistically stupid). And since I recognize that the whole hobby owes a lot to Company A (and less so to Company B) I'll wait for Company A to release that same miniature. That's it.

Remove ads

Remove ads