Dungeon Crate - Monthly Gaming Goodies Delivered To Your Door

If you're familiar with Loot Crate, you might find Dungeon Crate to your tastes - it's essentially Loot Crate for tabletop gamers. For a monthly subscription, you get a regular delivery of surprise goodies. The crate arrives every month, and you don't know what you'll be getting, but will include things like gaming accessories, maps, shirts, buttons/badges, and dice. Additionally, a digital crate is thrown in, which includes a map, home-brew modules, character sheets, etc.
If you're familiar with Loot Crate, you might find Dungeon Crate to your tastes - it's essentially Loot Crate for tabletop gamers. For a monthly subscription, you get a regular delivery of surprise goodies. The crate arrives every month, and you don't know what you'll be getting, but will include things like gaming accessories, maps, shirts, buttons/badges, and dice. Additionally, a digital crate is thrown in, which includes a map, home-brew modules, character sheets, etc.

4544395-wooden-treasure-chest.jpg

It's not launched yet. You can find the website here and sign up for more information. I asked the creators if they could tell me what the contents of an example crate would be, and they were kind enough to oblige. For your monthly subscription, crate might contain:

• A die
  • Coin
  • D20 necklace
  • T-shirt
  • Terrain piece
  • Paint brush for minis

As well as Loot Crate, Dungeon Crate will be going up against the existing Mythoard. As yet, they haven't announced how much a monthly subscription costs. Mythoard is $25 in the US; Loot Crate is about $14 (plus shipping). Dungeon Crate's CEO, Wayne Brekke, said to me that they plan to add "Dice, dice bags, art/craft supplies, coins, t-shirts, tokens, miniatures, paper minis, RPG jewelry, handcrafted items, molded terrain and dungeon furnishings, game/spell effect tokens, dungeon tiles. etc."

The handcrafted stuff would be similar to what Wayne sells on his Etsy site - dice boxes and other items. That's only available to one person in a monthly prize giveaway though.

il_570xN.823601376_o9fn.jpg

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
I like the idea of these. Not sure how it would work being in Australia and all. Dungeon Crate does not have many companies listed as on board yet, but it includes Knight Watch Games, that seem to have quality terrain and mini accessories. In fact, if they had their own subscription offer, it would be worth it. I am not into tokens and paper styled minis, but we will see who else comes to the table. As it is I signed on to try and win 3 months subscription ;)

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads