Paizo's Kingmaker Crowdfunding Campaign Extended

Paizo's Kingmaker 10th Anniversary crowdfunding campaign, which is taking place on Game On Tabletop, has been extended until June 4th. They sent out the following email this morning!

KingmakerAnniversary.jpg

"When we first launched the Kingmaker 10th Anniversary campaign on Game On Tabletop, we heard from Pathfinder players worldwide wondering why the campaign was only two weeks. For some, the campaign timing didn’t match their paycheck deposits. Others didn’t hear about the campaign until much later. Many others still haven’t heard about it.

With PaizoCon beginning next week and UK Games Expo the week after, Paizo and Game On Tabletop have decided to extend the campaign through those events to allow more time to unlock greater value for backers—and to give everyone more time. The campaign will now end at midnight Pacific on June 4th.

Thanks again for all your feedback and support! Together, we’re going to make the 10th anniversary of Kingmaker a truly epic event!"

The campaign is already over 500% funded, with nearly 1400 backers pledging a quarter of a million dollars. It now has nearly three more weeks to run. It includes a Pathfinder 2E hardcover compilation of the Kingmaker AP, a Kingmaker Bestiary for D&D 5E, and more.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Two weeks? Odd choice as it reduce money intake. Lack of experience doing crowd funding?

Quickstarters are a big thing these days, and typically it doesn’t greatly affect the funding total. The sense of urgency adds incentive. In fact, the opposite is often true — long Kickstarters can do worse; 40 day Kickstarters do worse than 30 day ones, for example.

Ilya Bossov

First Post
They're already 418% over their goal.

The extension sounds odd at this point. It's already wildly successful - does that mean they're going to delay the rewards?

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Delay? Probably not. They weren’t going to working on anything like this during PaizoCon anyway. By extending, they get to let the excitement of their Con generate more backers.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
So apparently GameOnTabletop doesn't let you make pledges for custom amounts the way Kickstarter does; you have to select a reward level. That's a shame, because the cheapest pledge option for this is $50. I was hoping that I'd be able to pledge a (much) smaller amount and be able to select the add-on for the Pathfinder 1E update book, which I'd like to snag a copy of.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
I would have expected a larger number of supporters, especially with the new edition coming out in 2 months, but the price tags are pretty high for what you get, so I guess it's expected. 1,300 supporters is probably great for most game companies crowdfunding efforts I'd imagine, but for the RPG that once led D&D in sales (albeit for a brief time), it seems like a small number. However, I think it's wise to wait until after Paizocon to finish so they can tempt those in attendance.

Riley

Legend
It’s a shame one can’t just pledge for the 5e book for $35. I already have the original Kingmaker in print and pdf.

I would have expected a larger number of supporters, especially with the new edition coming out in 2 months, but the price tags are pretty high for what you get, so I guess it's expected. 1,300 supporters is probably great for most game companies crowdfunding efforts I'd imagine, but for the RPG that once led D&D in sales (albeit for a brief time), it seems like a small number. However, I think it's wise to wait until after Paizocon to finish so they can tempt those in attendance.

Consider that this is only to evaluate the print run. Once the Kickstarter is successful, there will be additional copies printed and sold by other means (probably even Amazon) excluding some few exclusive things such as the slipcase.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases