[Stargate SG-1] New world and antagonists -- how do they sound?

SurfMonkey01

First Post
I've had an idea for a world and new antagonist for my new group. Here we go:

P5X-8RH
Feudal society where kingdoms are constantly skirmishing (based on the Conan writings of Robert E. Howard). One kingdom, led by a "man-demon" calling himself Amon, is the most aggressive.

Amon appears to be a Goa'uld at first glance, but is not. At least, not in the traditional sense. He is the product of a bizarre experiment. A survivor of Tollana, working with a rogue Asgard, conducted experiments on a symbiote in the hopes of helping the failing Tok'ra from becoming extinct. Their effects instead produced a sort of Goa'uld "vampire" -- a more powerful, more ruthless, being that drains life to sustain itself and can leave small control implants in its victims to create a Jaffa-like creature.

SG-24, currently the only team not either disbanded (like SG-1) or on long-term offworld assignments, is sent to explore 8RH. To add to the danger and suspense, the Gate and the DHD are both on ships (of the nautical variety). When they arrived, the ships were in battle with each other and therefore in close proximity. When they try to leave, however -- well, that's another story....

Wystan

Explorer
Sounds a lot like the Wraith. Have you checked over at the Alderac Forums for Stargate. They have some good stuff over there as well.

SurfMonkey01

First Post
Ya know, the Wraith comparison never even occurred to me... I think I'm happier with the idea now, though, since I'm under the impression the Ancients created the Wraith and the Asgard and Tollans are Ancient-level beings... hmm...

Wystan

Explorer
I would stay away from the goa'uld point of view then and say it was a way to make a goa'uld resistant human and that it went wrong due to that.

Maybe a human with Lambrey and Goa'uld DNA, seeing if the Lamprey DNA stopped the Goa'uld DNA from taking, but it did not and instead mutated.

Wystan

Explorer
Sucker fish, just a wierd thought, would explain if they looked like a wraith, the teeth and such. Which are kind of odd on a race race that feeds through their hands.

Remove ads