Call for help

Blynke

First Post
My trouble is this: Essence of air has been eluding me for several days. 749 dust stormers killed, and all I got was 2 elemental airs. Nothing else. I am getting disheartened. If any of you have essence of air that you are willing to part with, please oh please send them to Golradir.

Why? So I can make a wonderful epic cloak, the pattern to which was given to me by the lovely Ath. All other mats I can find on my own, as guardian stones are not half as rare.

I thank you all in advance, and promise that I will make every single one of you this cloak if you are willing to help me run scholo 4 times (each) to get the skin of shadow. I don't know where/how to post a link to the cloak here.

Golradir

Blynke

First Post
Thanks, I'm going to need it.

I'm having a heck of a time logging on at the moment, too... I've been at the Authentication screen for about 7 minutes now.

Kristivas

First Post
When I needed 2 Essence of Air for Nakaya's +15 agi enchant for her Ice Barbed Spear, I had to pay 18g each for them, as there were only 2 on the AH. I haven't seen them in abundance lately. Think maybe they slowed the drop rate?

Blynke

First Post
Nah, there's about 20 up on the AH right now for sale, but each at about 18-22g. I can't afford that. I got five last night from Whirling Invaders in Silithus. They drop like crazy there... unfortunately, someone killed The Windreaver, and the invasion ended, and all the Whirling Invaders went away... and they won't be back for three days, I'm told. :( I yelled at the alliance goofs that were killing him, but they didn't stop.

Oh well, patience will be key in making this cloak for everyone. Anyone want to take me through Scholo a few (4) times for the Skin of Shadow reagent? haha

kotik2

First Post
Ath can transmute water to air, and has done two so far. I'll mail those on when/if the server comes back up.

The drop rate on them is abysmal thought, something like 2%. Killing over 700, I'm thinking you might need a luck boost. Go kill a coyote in Westfall and get yourself a rabbit's foot. Seems to help Ven :)

Blynke

First Post
Not a bad idea about that rabbit's foot, actually. I could use it.

I discovered that killing Dust Stormers was a bad idea after number 700... they don't drop the essence at all. It's the Whirling Invaders whose drop rate is about 30% for essence of air (I got 5 of them last night in under 30 minutes). Also, the Invaders are easy kills. :)

Hopefully they respawn tonight and the three day rule is a horrible, ugly lie.

kotik2

First Post
According to Thott, the Dust Stormers have about a 2% droprate on the air. Crudly, I know...

Level 53 and 54 toxic horrors in Felwood are showing about a 7% droprate on the water, which is the highest rate listed for non-dungeon/elite/elemental invasion stuff. Ath is going to have to work on a quest in the Eastern Plagues that will have a shot at dropping some as well, but those have a 1% rate, so for farming purposes Felwood is the better bet.

Blynke

First Post
I think I'll take Gol there tonight and grind out what I can. I have enough skins and guardian stones to make the cloak now. Only missing 3 pieces of air.

Going to do another 4 Scholo runs so I can make another cloak for anyone else who wants it. I'm thinking it's hunter/rogue appropriate, but any other class in our guild is welcome to it.

Could use some help with the Scholo runs if you guys are online at the time, though.

EDIT: I'd be willing to sneak through it and just get the skins. The quicker we do it, the better. I can sneak through right up to the room with the skin in it on my own, but can't kill the enemies in that room. Sneaking takes a lot of patience. There is _some_ fighting involved.

kotik2

First Post
You, Garos and Cerion are our sneakers. The rest of us must fight our way in. But how do you get the viewing room door open?

Remove ads