WotBS Using WLC in WotBS

Will I have an opportunity to use the World's Largest City in the War of the Burning Sky?

Do the PCs spend any significant amount of time in a large city?

Selganor

Adventurer
As far as I have read the path so far, WLC would be a waste of preparation or rather overkill.

Adventure 1 has the group escape from a city detailed in the adventure and the Player's Guide, adventure 2 is the continued rush through hostile wilderness and when they finally reach a city in adventure 3 they spend too much time dealing with people and situations to really explore the city.

And continuing the plotline, I doubt that they really need a that much developed city.

Seaquen, which the heroes reach in the 3rd adventure, has a population of a few thousand. Bear in my that I have no familiarity at all with World's Largest City, but if you're looking for a big city in the setting that it could represent, the best match would be Ragos, the capital of the Ragesian Empire. Or you could use it for the 9th adventure, The Festival of Dreams, which returns to Gate Pass when it is full in the grip of street-to-street warfare.

However, my (vague) understanding is that WLC is sort of a campaign setting in its own right. It might be a waste to try to shoehorn it into another campaign. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

RangerWickett said:
Seaquen, which the heroes reach in the 3rd adventure, has a population of a few thousand. Bear in my that I have no familiarity at all with World's Largest City, but if you're looking for a big city in the setting that it could represent, the best match would be Ragos, the capital of the Ragesian Empire. Or you could use it for the 9th adventure, The Festival of Dreams, which returns to Gate Pass when it is full in the grip of street-to-street warfare.

However, my (vague) understanding is that WLC is sort of a campaign setting in its own right. It might be a waste to try to shoehorn it into another campaign. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.
Will the PCs be spending much time in Ragos?

Sigurd

First Post
I think that you will probably find that giving WLC its due requires its own story arc. In WotBS there is a war going on and an urgency to the plotline.

I think the natural player reaction would be ..... Hm Big City... where do we have to go next?

S

If you try it - give us a report :)

RangerWickett said:
Not likely, no.
Oh well, not to worry.

I'll have to see about squeezing it into my next campaign after WotBS is finished. At the rate we game, that will be some time in the spring of 2012.

Remove ads