Can undead be placed in Temporal Stasis?

frankthedm

First Post
DM-Rocco said:
Okay, but is it because undead aren't considered creatures or because they are considered objects or something different?
Sorry, the undead immunty has this wording.

An undead creature possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry)...

Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless).

Pyrex

First Post
DM-Rocco said:
Okay, but is it because undead aren't considered creatures or because they are considered objects or something different?

Not entirely either.

Undead are Creatures, but the aren't Living Creatures.

(Living Creature == Has Con Score)

This makes them immune to some effects.

They also have another ability that states:
SRD said:
Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless).

*That's* what makes them immune to Temporal Stasis.

darthkilmor

First Post
Pyrex said:
Not entirely either.

Undead are Creatures, but the aren't Living Creatures.

(Living Creature == Has Con Score)

This makes them immune to some effects.

They also have another ability that states:

*That's* what makes them immune to Temporal Stasis.

But , why does Temporal Statis only affect creatures? What if I've baked the best pie ever but can't eat it for say, 50 years, and need to preserve/keep-it-safe from orcs?

cheshire_grin

First Post
darthkilmor said:
But , why does Temporal Statis only affect creatures? What if I've baked the best pie ever but can't eat it for say, 50 years, and need to preserve/keep-it-safe from orcs?
Then you're gonna need a different spell. ;) In fact, I would guess that a temporal stasis-alike that affected non-creatures would be lower level, because time generally affects objects less than creatures (and creatures are more complicated).

Pyrex

First Post
darthkilmor said:

Well, you already don't have a problem there. D&D has no rules for foodstuffs going bad. :p

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Pyrex said:
Well, you already don't have a problem there. D&D has no rules for foodstuffs going bad. :p
Well, maybe in 4th edition they will have rules for time effecting pies. I'm sure they will compensate with Rary's born-on-date sealing spell. :D :p :lol:

Remove ads