Can undead be placed in Temporal Stasis?

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Can you place an undead in temporal Stasis?

A creature without a con score, like undead and golems, can only be effected by spells that also effect objects so I would say no. What say you?

frankthedm

First Post
DM-Rocco said:
Can you place an undead in temporal Stasis?
Lets look at the text...
Temporal Stasis said:
Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wiz 8
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: Permanent
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

You must succeed on a melee touch attack. You place the subject into a state of suspended animation. For the creature, time ceases to flow and its condition becomes fixed. The creature does not grow older. Its body functions virtually cease, and no force or effect can harm it. This state persists until the magic is removed (such as by a successful dispel magic spell or a freedom spell).

Material Component
A powder composed of diamond, emerald, ruby, and sapphire dust with a total value of at least 5,000 gp.
No. It can't affect undead

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Mark said:
What is it in the text that leads you to the conclusion you draw?

I Think the conclusion has something to do with this:
From SRD Types&Subtypes: Undead:

In the traits:

Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless).

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Blackrat said:
I Think the conclusion has something to do with this:
From SRD Types&Subtypes: Undead:

In the traits:

Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless).

Oh, I realize that. I was more interested in why he quoted the text he quoted without including the text you quoted. It seemed an incomplete post for one that was going to the trouble of pointing to the actual text.

Blackrat

Yeah, I realize that you realize. Just want to make sure that those who didn't realize, now realize also. :)
Sorry. Too much working and too much coffeine.

Mark

Blackrat said:
Yeah, I realize that you realize. Just want to make sure that those who didn't realize, now realize also. :)
Sorry. Too much working and too much coffeine.

Nice. As I am sure you realize, if the conclusion of a syllogism is to claim being supported by the text, then both the major premise and minor premise should properly cite the text, as appropriate, lest it be deemed incomplete. :)

Blackrat

Exactly. Those would totally be my choise of words provided I'd realize what they mean ;). But I do get the overall point which is exactly the reason I deemed it necessary to provide the additional info.

Mark

Blackrat said:
Exactly. Those would totally be my choise of words provided I'd realize what they mean ;). But I do get the overall point which is exactly the reason I deemed it necessary to provide the additional info.

Either DM-Rocco is pulling our leg or your efforts have failed. :eek:

Remove ads