Destruction domain smite + Sunder?

GlassJaw

Hero
Straight forward question (I think):

Can you combine the smite ability granted by the Destruction domain with a Sunder attack,?

moritheil

First Post
GlassJaw said:

Can you combine the smite ability granted by the Destruction domain with a Sunder attack,?

Sadly, the answer depends on the answer to another question: how does your DM interpet "attack?"

Granted Power

You gain the smite power, the supernatural ability to make a single melee attack with a +4 bonus on attack rolls and a bonus on damage rolls equal to your cleric level (if you hit). You must declare the smite before making the attack. This ability is usable once per day.

Some DMs read this to mean that any attack against anything is a valid use of smite. Some DMs interpret it to mean that only a literal, standard attack (not a trip, disarm, grapple, sunder, or anything else) can be combined with this.

nick012000

First Post
GlassJaw said:

Yes. If it asks for an attack roll, you can. This means it can be used with some spells. You'd be wasting half of the power if you do it with a spell that doesn't deal damage, though.

Remove ads