Magic Item Powers and Milestone, when does it occur?

Stalker0

Legend
I have two magic items with a daily power (at heroic tier).

In the first encounter of the day, I use a magic item power. My question, when does the milestone occur that lets me use the next item?

Options:
1) After the 2nd fight. The first fight is half the milestone, the 2nd fight completes it.
2) After the 3rd fight. You use the power in the first fight, so you need two encounters after that to complete the milestone and get a new power.
3) After the 2nd fight, whether you used the first magic item or not. The milestone doesn't depend on when items are used. After the 2nd fight is a milestone, and if you haven't used a magic item daily, you now have the ability to use both magic item dailies, even in the same fight.

Vayden

First Post
3) After the 2nd fight, whether you used the first magic item or not. The milestone doesn't depend on when items are used. After the 2nd fight is a milestone, and if you haven't used a magic item daily, you now have the ability to use both magic item dailies, even in the same fight.

This is the correct answer I believe, though it should be noted that no matter how many milestones you have passed, you can only use one daily magic item ability per encounter. Think of it as basically parallel to the action point rules.

Nail

First Post
This doesn't quite get at it, but it's close.

After your 1st milestone, you've got 2 Daily uses (from different magic item dailies). If you've already used 1 Daily magic item use, you've only got 1 left. If you've not yet used any magic item daily, you now can use 2.

Last edited:

Nail

First Post
In the last 4e adventure I ran, the PCs had one day where they got through 7 encounters, thus 3 milestones!

Too bad they didn't have that many daily magic item powers.

Elodan

Adventurer
I was just about to ask this question.

I'd like to jump in here (sorry to the OP for barging in) and write down my understanding of how magic item daily powers and milestones work to see if my interpretation seems correct.

If I have one item with a daily power, after 2 encounters (milestone):
- I can only use the power once that day in a later encounter (milestones don't count here).

If I have two items with a daily power, after 2 encounters (milestone)
- I have not used either one's daily power, so now I can use each item's power in 2 separate later encounters.
- I have used one item's power, so now I can now use the other item's power in a later encounter. Once used I cannot use either one again until after an extended rest.

Seem right?

Thanks.

zearon

First Post
ok what if you have one item with a daily power, you use it . can you now give it to a buddy and have him use it or is the item all uesed up for the day?

I think that its all used up but just got to ask.

MrBeens

First Post
I was just about to ask this question.

I'd like to jump in here (sorry to the OP for barging in) and write down my understanding of how magic item daily powers and milestones work to see if my interpretation seems correct.

If I have one item with a daily power, after 2 encounters (milestone):
- I can only use the power once that day in a later encounter (milestones don't count here).

If I have two items with a daily power, after 2 encounters (milestone)
- I have not used either one's daily power, so now I can use each item's power in 2 separate later encounters.
- I have used one item's power, so now I can now use the other item's power in a later encounter. Once used I cannot use either one again until after an extended rest.

Seem right?

Thanks.

You don't have to reach a milestone to gain the first daily use of a magic item.
Apart from that you are mostly right, although you are not limited to only one use of different magic items in an encounter if you have more than one use built up.

ok what if you have one item with a daily power, you use it . can you now give it to a buddy and have him use it or is the item all uesed up for the day?

I think that its all used up but just got to ask.

Yes the power on the item it's self has a limit of one use per day.

Remove ads