WotBS Errata for WotBS #1

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Hey, folks, there is bound to be some errata. Please note any inconsistencies you run into so that we can issue errata and make sure we don't make the same mistake twice.

Thanks!

scrubkai

Explorer
Just a few minor items:

Ambush! encounter:
You already know this but the Entries for C1-C4 are missing from the tactical map.

Dead Rising Encounter:
Tactics section talks about Boneshard Skeletons using Scimitars, but the stat block has them holding Greataxes.
Tactics section talks about Decrepit Skeletons using shortbows but the stat blocks holding Crossbows.

Duel Encounter:
Tactics section Talks about Mirror Image, Wall of Fire, Scorching bursts and Spectral ram. However the Stat block for Shealis has: Triplicate Image, Bulwark of Fire, Blackening Burst and Phantasmal Ram respectively.
Also the map is unclear to me which squares are Icy and is missing any Debris. (I'm assuming blue is icy, but that is not clear)

Shealis's Apartment Encounter:
Tactics section Talks about Mirror Image, Wall of Fire, Scorching bursts and Spectral ram. However the Stat block for Shealis has: Triplicate Image, Bulwark of Fire, Blackening Burst and Phantasmal Ram respectively.
Also the Features section talks about Boxes but the map does not show any boxes.

Spies' Headquarters Encounter:
The second sentence of the second paragraph on tactics needs a space between have and cover.

Magic Mayhem Encounter:
Tactics section talks about the Highwaymen using blood bite but there is no description of this power.
Also tactics talks about jumping on the low cases, but the Features of the area section talks about shelves.

Inquisitor's Attack Encounter:
The letters on the Stat blocks are missing for "Smiley" and wrong for the Snipers and Skeletons.
Also the map does not show the location of the windows mentioned in the tactics section

That's it for now...

merchantsteve

Explorer
Thank you so much for the proofreeading. I clearly missed my Perception DC 7 roll on these items! Rest assured, Piratecat and I will be collecting all these items and releasing them sometime soon!

Gorok

Explorer
Thank you so much for the proofreeading. I clearly missed my Perception DC 7 roll on these items! Rest assured, Piratecat and I will be collecting all these items and releasing them sometime soon!

Does this mean that the pdf file that I bought will be updated with these changes, and that I can download an updated version at that time? Will I be notified via e-mail (in a similar manner when the file was first made available) when this update occurs, or should I continue to check this forum thread to know when it has happend?

As a note, it would help if a "document version" would be put into the document (version number, release date, etc.), so that owners can know if they have the most recent one.

merchantsteve

Explorer
Does this mean that the pdf file that I bought will be updated with these changes, and that I can download an updated version at that time?

The intention is to update the document. A revision number will probably be included (maybe on the legal text page), though I am not the layout man, so that will be up to him.

If you have enabled your rpgnow account (or other vendor) to send emails when an update is posted, you will be notified. You can go into your account settings to enable this feature.

kumagroo

First Post
In the skill challenge involving the dire weasel, after failure, the text indicates Kiki's owner may be involved in the "Ambush!" encounter (which has already transpired). Also, I looked to "Street Ambush" and still didn't find where he fits in...

Whimsical

Explorer
First of all, I wanted to express how pleased I am by this adventure. When I first downloaded the player's guide, I had some serious concerns about it. I got the sense that this conversion to 4th edition was being done by someone who didn't understand or accept the underlying design principles of 4th edition D&D. And I was going to start running the path from Dungeon instead. But subsequent updates to the player's guide and this adventure has brought me back with confidence!

Errata:
Page 42, Wisp Solon: Righteous Glory (Radiant) aura 3; isn't detailed.

Er, sleepy now. I'll post more later.

merchantsteve

Explorer
First of all, I wanted to express how pleased I am by this adventure. When I first downloaded the player's guide, I had some serious concerns about it. ... But subsequent updates to the player's guide and this adventure has brought me back with confidence!

Thanks! Much of the material was written within a month of the original release. Knowing what I know now... I shudder...

Wait till you see adventure 2! Our new processes to keep current on notes and edits are light years ahead of what was before.

OK
The wisp needs a bit of a replacement. Notice the Blinding Flare damage has also been reduced a bit.
Here it is.

Wisp Solon (W) Level 4 Controller
Small elemental beast (fire) XP 175
Initiative +4 Senses Perception +8; darkvision
Righteous Glory (Radiant) aura 3; Enemies in the aura take a -2 penalty to attack rolls and a -2 to all defenses.
HP 54; Bloodied 27
AC 18; Fortitude 16, Reflex 16, Will 17
Immune disease, poison, fire; Resist 10 necrotic
Speed fly 8 (hover), teleport 10
M Flame Whip (standard; at-will)
+9 vs. AC; 1d6+4 damage.
R Lustrous Gaze (standard; at-will) * Radiant
Ranged 10; +8 vs. Will; 1d6+4 damage, and the target is dazed (save ends).
c Healing Flame (minor; encounter) * Healing
Close burst 5; The wisp solon or one ally in burst can spend a healing surge and regain an additional 1d6 hit points.
c Blinding Flare (immediate interrupt, when first bloodied and again when the wisp solon is reduced to 0 hit points) * Radiant
Close burst 5; targets enemies; blind creatures are immune; +6 vs. Fortitude; 3d6+4 radiant damage and the target is blinded (save ends)
Tongues
The wisp solon can speak with any creature that has a language.
Alignment Lawful good Languages Draconic, Primordial, Supernal
Skills Arcana +10, Religion +10
Str 10 (+2) Dex 14 (+4) Wis 13 (+3)
Con 14 (+4) Int 16 (+5) Cha 18 (+6)

Whimsical

Explorer
Treasure parcels for party level 1

Page 2, Encounter table. Here's how I've determined what the treasure parcels are for each encounter:

Animal Crossing: 1,1 (3,6) +1 Duelist Dagger(3), gold ring + 100 gp amethyst, 80 gp.
Shocking Revelations: 1,1,1 (1,1,4) boots of spider climbing(5), ironskin belt(5), +1 cloak of resistance(2).
Flaganus Mortus: 1,1,1 (2,4,7) +1 black iron plate armor(4), silvered short sword(510 gp), 120 gp.

The numbers in the first parenthesis indicates which parcel number from pg. 126 of the DMG is being used from the Party Level 1 table. The parenthesis after the magic item name is the level or value of the item.

This means that parcels 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 6, & 7 from Party Table 1 are being used. Leaving only two Level 1 parcels for White Wyrms & Dead Rising.

But the level 1 parcels provided have already exceeded the value of the sum of the treasure parcels:

Normal distribution: 1,000 + 840 + 680 + 520 + 200 + 180 + 120 + 120 + 60 + 40 = 3,760 gp.
tSoGP distribution: 1,000 + 1,000 + 840 + 680 + 520 + 510 + 180 + 120 = 4,850 gp.

In my game, the PCs didn't get the treasure from Flaganus or the boots of spider climb. So it worked out OK for me anyway.

Remove ads