How'd you handle Haddin?

EugeneZ

First Post
I wish I could make his presence (and of the other NPCs) a liitle bit more notorious and meaningful.
But I haven't worked on that yet.

You may be interested in what happens to Crystin and Haddin in Shelter from the Storm, and Haddin in Mission to the Monastery of Two Winds. I'm keeping this spoiler free, though, and besides, I haven't finished Mission yet.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
I figured out how I'm going to handle this encounter.

I made Crystin incredibly hot.

nariko_goddess_of_war_by_shiramune.jpg

liggetar

First Post
My Haddin was much like sfedi's. He saw them take down an Inquisitor pretty handily, and so he's not going to risk a direct confrontation. Crystin started looking up to the eladrin artificer during the journey through the Fire Forest, so she endeared herself to the party that way. Haddin was tolerated for her sake, I think. The topic of leaving him never really came up, even when they figured out that he was controlling Crystin towards the end of adventure 2.

EugeneZ

First Post
Well played, Kzach. :D

I completely agree with Truename however, in that the picture applies more to Katrina -- though I think with the approaching winter, Katrina is slightly (slightly) more practical than that.

In the spirit of attribution, considering I might actually use that pic for my game (as Katrina, if they ever meet her in a setting where she wants to dress up), who's the artist?

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Well played, Kzach. :D

I completely agree with Truename however, in that the picture applies more to Katrina -- though I think with the approaching winter, Katrina is slightly (slightly) more practical than that.

In the spirit of attribution, considering I might actually use that pic for my game (as Katrina, if they ever meet her in a setting where she wants to dress up), who's the artist?

*shrug*

I find all the pics I use through Google Image Search. I have no idea who the original artists are most of the time.

EugeneZ

First Post
Yep. Better. The problem with the other one as Crystin was the smirk and the easy confidence, both of which are completely uncharacteristic of Crystin (in my game.) This Crystin is much more subdued and even mysterious. Sold. Of course... she's technically supposed to be quite young. I suppose the book doesn't give her age, but, um, that picture would *definitely* not work in my campaign. Nothing says she can't be a bit older than the module implies.

sfedi

First Post
I like Crystin not been hot, and very shy.

She's a bomb that's about to explode, and her father the evil guy who leave the scene to cause more mayhem at another place.

My intention in this part of the adventure is to let pro-active players rip the benefit of dealing appropiately with these NPCs.
Players of the Good alignement that aren't as proactive will have their reward in the adventure itself (and it's repercussions)

Remove ads