D&D 3E/3.5 Eberron - Changes between 3.5e and 4e

Can anybody list some major lore changes between the two versions of Eberron as a result of the modified planes and all? 'Far Realm' and 'Shadowfell' etc? Like, how does the Shadowfell interact with Dolurrh? Stuff like that.

Or any lore changes in general you know of betwixt versions.
For the most part, you can use whichever cosmology you like, as was pointed out up-thread. Myself, as much as I like the 4E cosmology normally, I still don't like it in my Eberron, and so I just use it as written in 3.5E -- stuffing new concepts into that where appropriate. (I'd say Shavarath is the most changed of Eberron's planes in 4E.)

Alternatively, if you use the new version, just call the Far Realm "Xoriat", the Shadowfell "Dolurrh", the Feywild "Thelanis", and include Baator and the Abyss. That's pretty much all their is to it in 4E Eberron, aside from being aware of which planes are "Astral" and which are "Elemental" -- most of them are Astral.

Mentat55

First Post
Another big change was the scale of Khorvaire was reduced, I think, from the 3.5e map to the 4e map. So now distances are not quite as epic.

Another big change was the scale of Khorvaire was reduced, I think, from the 3.5e map to the 4e map. So now distances are not quite as epic.
lol Good pun. ;)

The map scale debacle certainly was a "big" change (or is it a small one?), but I personally doubt that this particular change had any noticeable effects on anybody's game.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases