Heroscape bases to be sized for D&D

fanboy2000

Adventurer
While were at it, are the figures that come with the Ravenloft board game sized for D&D?

If you answer this Mr. Lee, you'll be my favorite WotC employee!

Solvarn

First Post
This is great news! I had looked at Heroscape minis before - I loved the figures, but passed on them because of the base size.

It is nice to see that the D&D brand is being marketed by Hasbro so well. I'm really excited about the Ravenloft board game coming out, and I like D&D. It will be nice to see if the Heroscape people get into D&D because of this. It seems like a natural stepping stone.

JoeGKushner

First Post
I've never tried re-basing any HS figs. Have you tried it and, if so, how well does it work out? I've routinely re-based MK figs fairly easily and struggled to do so with some Dreamblade figs.

I used to struggle as well until I decided to go all in and just used a mini saw. Strangely enough, much safer than using an razor.

deadsmurf

First Post
I used to struggle as well until I decided to go all in and just used a mini saw. Strangely enough, much safer than using an razor.

When I rebased mine I just used a big fingernail clipper - it worked really well too, allowed for cutting very close to the pegs or whatever of the figure.

rogueattorney

Adventurer
I'm a pretty big Heroscape fan who never used to use minis for D&D. I've been --s-l-o-w-l-y-- incorporating them into my D&D play, but not on a gridded mat. Rather, I tend to use a blank table and tape measure. (Ain't no squares in O(A)D&D.) So, I never even noticed that there was an issue with the Heroscape bases' size.

Anyway, if this means more figs become available, I'm all for it.

Remove ads