Proposal: Lost Nobility

Son of Meepo

First Post
Hello, I'm new to LPF, and was creating my first character.

I was looking through traits in the SRD, and found one that would really fit my character's background, but it wasn't on the approved list of sources, so I thought I would look to see if I could get it approved. I wasn't sure if there was some legal reason it couldn't be used, so I figured I'd at least ask.

Character: Rince Laur

Trait: Lost Nobility

[sblock=Background]Despite having been born and having spent most of his life in Rorn, Rince is not a citizen, as he has not spent a single day serving as a soldier in any of Rorn's army. In fact no commander would take him, the grandson of a man who so dishonored the hero spirits that his whole lineage was cursed and subsequently blotted from the rolls of the noble houses of Rorn.

But in time, when Rince was nearly a man, he learned the truth. The heresy his father spoke, that not all the ancestor spirits were worthy or worship, was not punished by their revered ancestors, but by the living scions of the noble houses whose ancestors his grandfather had specifically profaned. A grandfather that was now an ancestor spirit himself, the one who granted Rince with the gift to smite the unworthy, the restless dead, ancestral spirits that defied their place in death and those spirits wholly corrupted by evil and their masters.

Rince now roams looking for undead and evil outsiders to slay as well as any who consort with them, as well as trying to restore his family's honor and root out the corrupted nobility that had taken it.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Son of Meepo???

Is that Meepo the legendary kobold hero from The Sunless Citadel??? :D

Ahh... such found memories of running your father against different gaming groups. B-)

HM

Son of Meepo

First Post
Yes for the trait. Rorn is a significant distance from Venza, so the trait might not get much use though.

Understood. I'm hoping it's something that might come up later in Rince's career. I declared my background open in case any DM does want to run with the idea of some of the noble houses of Rorn being devil-worshiping necromancers.

jkason

First Post
It seems of extremely limited benefit, even if it were applied to Venza, honestly, as I'm not sure there are tons of adventures where you'd be attacking town representatives, but I am slightly leery of the nonspecifics of what constitutes a government official. I mean, are we only talking about people in charge of a whole community, or does the bonus apply to every clerk, page, and town guard who happens to be from Rorn?

Son of Meepo

First Post
It seems of extremely limited benefit, even if it were applied to Venza, honestly, as I'm not sure there are tons of adventures where you'd be attacking town representatives, but I am slightly leery of the nonspecifics of what constitutes a government official. I mean, are we only talking about people in charge of a whole community, or does the bonus apply to every clerk, page, and town guard who happens to be from Rorn?

Probably the best answer as to what constitutes a government official is "whatever the DM running the adventures decides one is."

I realize it is of limited usefulness but it fit my background slightly better than Ghost Sight which was my alternate choice.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Maybe a new trait with a similar limitation and yet could be used with a little more frequency?

+1 to attack and damage rolls vs. demon and devil worshiping cultist

I'm sure you'll run into those here and there throughout your adventuring career. Specially if you get into one of perrinmiller's games. ;)

HM

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I think it's actually the infrequency with which it's applicable that makes it suitable as a trait. +1 Attack and Damage is a feat (or two) worth of bonuses without the limits. And I like the way the trait fits his background as proposed. It does exactly what a trait is supposed to do - gives the character a little bump and a plot hook.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases