• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E D20 Fight Club 5e re-launches as Fight Club 5th Edition

Gecko85

Explorer
The app formerly known as D20 Fight Club 5e, that was removed after receiving a C&D from WotC, is back in the App Store re-branded as Fight Club 5th Edition. (If you have the older version, it'll update to the new one...no need to re-download.)

https://itunes.apple.com/no/app/d20-fight-club-d-d-5th-edition/id901057473?mt=8

From the release notes for this version:

To be compliant with Wizards of the Coast copyrights and trademarks this app will no longer contain any content from the Player's Handbook or use the trademark "D&D".

Changes:
- Compendium - A user generated collection of spells, items, and creatures that can be viewed and edited.
- Import spells, items, and creatures from user created files on Dropbox. With this, info can now be typed up on a PC or shared amongst users. Open on your Rulebook and tap on the import button for more details.
- Item Storage - Store items away so they no longer count towards your carrying capacity
- Added Share button ability to send a file to import PCs into d20 Game Master
- Allow more than one picture to be added to Notes
- Swapped positions of the spell and equipment views
- Several style changes - new splash screen, new main menu, larger portrait image
- Added a few tutorial tips for new users
- Various minor fixes

I've been playing around with the new version. Here are my thoughts/tips:

* The xml import is awesome. The good folks of the Internet have already posted full xml files for spells, items (weapons, armor, adventuring gear), and companions. They're pretty easy to find if you look...

* If you manually created items in the old version, they may be jacked up. My armor was listed as a melee weapon, and my longbow was listed as medium armor. I would fix it, but it would revert. The fix I found (if you run into the same problem) is to just delete the items prior to importing the xml files, then re-add those items to your inventory. Also, if any of the xml files say there are duplicate items, choose the option to overwrite all.

* I can't stress enough how awesome the importing is. In the previous version, you'd have to manually type anything that wasn't part of the default items or spells (and there weren't that many included by default). Now you import 3 files and boom...you have everything you need.

* Supposedly you can now import your character(s) into the DM app. There's an option to email a DM version of your character...but I haven't yet figured out how to actually import it into the DM app. (Anyone figure that out yet?)

Paraxis

Explorer
I run my games from a windows based laptop, any way to run this app on that? I figure there might be an emulator or something but I have never tried to run an Iphone app on my PC before.

ren1999

First Post
Love your app. I also put my D&D tracker back up after removing most of the infringing content. You can use it to create custom rolls, manage abilities and just about any number in the game.

This is based on Asmor's old combat tracker. The draggable tables work on mobile devices using JQuery touch punch.

http://d20game.weebly.com

Remove ads