Could be good...

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
From what I have read, it is more a revival than a reboot. Probably like a 10 episode miniseries to wrap up some of the story threads that got left hanging in the past.

Now, if they were super smart, they'd do this as a way to wrap up the old, while opening up the franchise for future work with other actors - Duchovny and Anderson are just too busy to keep it up as a long-term thing.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Yeah. They totally should write up some kind of transition to introduce some new agents. Maybe a new fringe-watcher or watchers to fill the narrative space of the Lone Gunmen in addition.

From what I have read, it is more a revival than a reboot. Probably like a 10 episode miniseries to wrap up some of the story threads that got left hanging in the past.

IMNSHO, they need to avoid as many of the lingering story threads as possible. Make a couple of quick shots to show a bunch of the mysterious suits are dead, have background lines about how "upper management" has changed, basically clean house.

To me, the biggest draw of the X-files was the Monster of the Week. When it was a MotW show with occasional conspiracy stuff, it was fun. The layers upon layers of mysterious coverups and constant rehashing of plot lines combined with a complete dearth of closure in the last seasons of the show really killed it for me.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
It is official:

http://www.thewrap.com/x-files-returning-to-fox-as-limited-series/

“X-Files” is coming back to Fox as a six-episode limited series, the network told TheWrap.

The series’ Emmy Award-winning creator and executive producer Chris Carter is returning, alongside stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, who’ll reprise their roles as FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, respectively, more than a decade after the show ended in 2002.

“I think of it as a 13-year commercial break,” Carter said in a statement. “The good news is the world has only gotten that much stranger, a perfect time to tell these six stories.”

Remove ads