Pathfinder 1E [LPF] The Sea Sprite

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The Sea Sprite
A Beginning Pathfinder Adventure designed for 6 characters of Levels 1-3

Can our heroes board the abandoned vessel and recapture it from the aquatic creatures who have claimed it as their own?

DM: Deuce Traveler
Judge: perrinmiller

Start Date: 11 May 2015
End Date: 9 Sep 2015
Total Days: 121

Starting Characters and Status as of 11 May 2015:

- Qalabash Baram ( [MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION] ), 2nd Level Magus, 3215 XP at start
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Qalabash_Baram_(GlassEye)
- Tamarie ( [MENTION=6747658]Aura[/MENTION] ), 3rd Level Sorcerer, 4407 XP at start
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tamarie_(Aura)
- Francis John III ( [MENTION=6778347]FrancisJohn[/MENTION] ), 2nd Level Rogue, 2319 XP at start
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Francis_John_III_(FrancisJohn)
- Leira Olren ( [MENTION=6700202]Anastrace[/MENTION] ), 2nd Level Fighter/Monk, 2605 XP at start
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Leira_Olren_(Anastrace)
- Arradon Delgaran (@ealt ), 1st level Rogue, 0 XP at start
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Arradon_Delgaran_(ealt)
- Aelspeth Noromiel ( [MENTION=6794573]MerryMortician[/MENTION] ), 1st Level Wizard (Conjurer), 0 XP at start
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Aelspeth_Noromiel_(MerryMortician)

DM Notes:
1. Use the ENWorld roller first. If it fails, use linked rolls from any other website such as Invisible Castle as a secondary.
2. I'm borrowing the following from Aura: "We're doing group initiative using average initiative value, which means that once your team has the initiative, actions can be resolved in whatever order people post. Those on the losing team (initiative-wise) side, with above team average initiative scores, might be awarded (a pre-initiative action if their individual value beats the entire winning team."
3. Players should check for updates from me each day from Monday through Friday. If I have to move the game forward, I will do so by rolling for a character when we have been waiting too long for a player response.
4. If you have any issues with the game, feel free to private message me if you want to talk about it offline.

Encounter XP Earned
[sblock]
1st Encounter vs 2 Sharks (20 May)
CR 3, 1200 XP

2nd Encounter vs 2 Sahuagins (18 Jun)
CR 4, 1200 XP

3rd Encounter in Captain's Cabin vs Trapped Chest (6 Sep)
CR 1, 400 XP

4th Encounter vs Cockatrice (1 July)
CR 3, 800 XP

5th Encounter vs Sea Hag and 3 Sahuagins (4 Sep)
CR 5, 3000 XP
[/sblock]

Encounter Treasure Earned
[sblock]
1st Encounter vs 2 Sharks:
No treasure

2nd Encounter vs 2 Sahuagins
No treasure

3rd Encounter in Captain's Cabin
800 gp worth of treasure (50 gp, 750gp Potion of Haste)

4th Encounter vs Cockatrice
No treasure

5th Encounter vs Sea Hag and 3 Sahuagins
6500 gp worth of treasure and rewards
- 2 bracelets, each worth 1650 gp (total 3300gp)
- Owner pays up reward of 3200 for the characters' aid and their silence
[/sblock]

Last edited:

MerryMortician

Explorer
[sblock=OOC re: Equipment]Clearly Aelspeth would not have her full complement of equine companions and their loads as the group sets out for the Sea Sprite. The following is a list of gear I think she would, logically, have had on her when she was swept up in the moment. It'll be interesting to play without certain key items on her first adventure! :D

Quarterstaff
Longsword
Spell Component Pouch
Spellbook
Canteen
Belt Pouches (with contents listed on character sheet)

Note: This equipment totals 15.5 lbs and only puts her at a light load.[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince]Character Sheet
HP: 16/16
AC: 17 FF:15 T:13
CMB: 1 CMD: 13
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +8 Initiative: +2
Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +7 S. Motive: +5
Sleight: +7 Stealth: +10
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 17/20
Unarmed: Shortsword +3 d4+1
Adaptable Luck: 2/3
[sblock=Bacon, War Pig]HP: 18/18
AC: 14, touch: 10, flat-footed: 14 (+4 natural)
Fort: +6 Ref: +3 Will: +1
Initiative: 0
Defensive Abilities: ferocity
Speed: 40 ft. (30 medium, 20 heavy)
Melee: gore +4 (1d8+4)
CMB: +4 CMD: 14
Skills: Perception +6
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent[/sblock][/sblock]

"Poor Bacon! Overboard?! Well I'd never....."
This crew should certainly be more lively than the last bunch! "The poor pig, he might have to stay on shore. Hey Shem, if we do a standup job, could there be some sort of monetary bonus Or even some gold in good faith to help us prepare? Or even an advance if you will..." Francis winks at the cherubim, knowing its probably in vain. "And any other secrets about the ship or the inhabitants would undoubtedly be helpful."

[sblock=Diplomacy 11 (not sure if it this should be changing attitude or request.]Diplomacy /w Adaptable Luck +9: 1D20+9 = [2]+9 = 11
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]This should be interesting mix of characters.... 2 rogues, 2 magicians, and a magus? Combat should be fun. FWIW, Francis is absolutely useless in melee :)[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Shem points the group towards the docks and answers some of the still lingering questions. "I don't know too much about the woman, except they said she reeked of seawater, was a pretty ugly sort with bad hygiene and frightened the heck out of them with her shrieking and carrying-on. As for the advance, I'd be glad to hand over 1200 gold coins split amongst the six of you, with another 2000 gold coins when the job is done well and the ship can be recovered with minimum repairs. That would be 200 gold coins for each of you up front. I'm going to continue on towards the docks and make sure the men have the skiff prepped. As for secrets... heh... no secrets. So strange you'd ask such a thing. I'm a legitimate businessman, despite any contrary rumors you may of heard. I'll see you all in about an hour."

If there are no other questions, Shem doles out the 200 gold coins to each of you and then heads off to get ready.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince]Character Sheet
HP: 16/16
AC: 17 FF:15 T:13
CMB: 1 CMD: 13
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +8 Initiative: +2
Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +7 S. Motive: +5
Sleight: +7 Stealth: +10
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 17/20
Unarmed: Shortsword +3 d4+1
Adaptable Luck: 2/3
[sblock=Bacon, War Pig]HP: 18/18
AC: 14, touch: 10, flat-footed: 14 (+4 natural)
Fort: +6 Ref: +3 Will: +1
Initiative: 0
Defensive Abilities: ferocity
Speed: 40 ft. (30 medium, 20 heavy)
Melee: gore +4 (1d8+4)
CMB: +4 CMD: 14
Skills: Perception +6
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent[/sblock][/sblock]

"Thank you kind sir! Last question.... assuming we clear off the rabble, how do we get off the boat?"

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts

NorthShieldmaiden02.jpg

Leira shakes her head with a slightly vacant look. "I've got no questions. Though as always, good to see you Francis!"

[sblock=Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts]
Leira Olren
AC:20 (17 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 18/18
CMB: +5 CMD: 18

Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +3
Perception: +1 Sense Motive: +1
Initiative: +5

Skills
Acrobatics: +7, Climb +8, Escape Artist +7, Heal +7, Stealth +8

Stunning Fist: You must declare that you are using this feat before you make your attack roll (thus, a failed attack roll ruins the attempt). Stunning Fist forces a foe damaged by your unarmed attack to make a Fortitude saving throw (DC 10 + 1/2 your character level + your Wis modifier), in addition to dealing damage normally. A defender who fails this saving throw is stunned for 1 round (until just before your next turn). A stunned character drops everything held, can’t take actions, loses any Dexterity bonus to AC, and takes a –2 penalty to AC. You may attempt a stunning attack once per day for every four levels you have attained (but see Special), and no more than once per round. Constructs, oozes, plants, undead, incorporeal creatures, and creatures immune to critical hits cannot be stunned.

Dragon Style: While using this style, you gain a +2 bonus on saving throws against sleep effects, paralysis effects, and stunning effects. You ignore difficult terrain when you charge, run, or withdraw. You can also charge through squares that contain allies. Further, you can add 1-1/2 times your Strength bonus on the damage roll for your first unarmed strike on a given round.

Dragon Ferocity: While using Dragon Style, you gain a bonus on unarmed strike damage rolls equal to half your Strength bonus. When you score a critical hit or a successful Stunning Fist attempt against an opponent while using this style, that opponent is also shaken for a number of rounds equal to 1d4 + your Strength bonus.

Current Weapons in Hand: Unarmed Strike (Considered Armed) +6, Damage: 1d6+4, Crit: 20/x2, Type: B,
Current Weapon for Attacks of Opportunity: Urami, +5. 1d8+4, Crit 18-20, Type S
Current Conditions in Effect:
Resources Used: None
Temporary items in possession:
Items not currently in possession:
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Arradon pockets his share of the gold and carefully slides each of his daggers out of and back in to their wrist sheathes to ensure that they won't catch when he needs them most. "I'm ready when you all are."
[/section]
[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]Arradon Delgaran
AC: 15 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB: +0 CMD: 13

Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +0
Bluff: +8 Disable Device: +9 Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +0 Stealth: +7
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 1d8 (Dagger)
Hidden Blade: +0

Feats: Blind-Fight

Current Weapon in Hand: Dagger +0 (1d4+0, 19-20/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[section]
Qalabash chuckles at Francis John's last question.

"We clear off the rabble and we'll sail into port like conquering heroes... or princes, one and all." He turns to look at the others assessingly. "Well, we have, it seems, an hour to get ourselves fighting fit and ready to serve. Which would be a good time to introduce ourselves since not all of us know all the others. I am Qalabash Baram. I will forego giving you my detailed and fascinating history in favor of brevity. I am skilled at the arcane arts and the martial and will stand toe to toe against whatever villains we shall encounter. Now, does any here practice the arcane arts or have the favor of the gods? I've in my possession a pair of wands that I would allow you to use. Temporarily, of course."

[/section]
[sblock=OOC]From previous adventures Qalabash has acquired a wand of CLW. If anyone can actually use it, then he'll let them carry it. He also holds a wand of shield. He can use it but if there is a spellcaster capable and willing then he would let them use it as well.[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Qalabash Baram[/size] Human Staff Magus 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 20 Current: 20
CMB: +4; +6 Trip CMD: 15; 17 vs. Trip Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +2

In Hand: quarterstaff
Conditions: None yet
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Enlarge Person, Grease, Shocking Grasp
  • Orisons: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Root
Special:
Concentration +5
Arcane Pool: 4/4 (+1 enhancement for 1 min.)
[/sblock]

Remove ads