PF [LPF] The Sea Sprite

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The Sea Sprite
A Beginning Pathfinder Adventure designed for 6 characters of Levels 1-3

Can our heroes board the abandoned vessel and recapture it from the aquatic creatures who have claimed it as their own?

DM: Deuce Traveler
Judge: perrinmiller

Start Date: 11 May 2015
End Date: 9 Sep 2015
Total Days: 121

Starting Characters and Status as of 11 May 2015:

- Qalabash Baram ( [MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION] ), 2nd Level Magus, 3215 XP at start
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Qalabash_Baram_(GlassEye)
- Tamarie ( [MENTION=6747658]Aura[/MENTION] ), 3rd Level Sorcerer, 4407 XP at start
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tamarie_(Aura)
- Francis John III ( [MENTION=6778347]FrancisJohn[/MENTION] ), 2nd Level Rogue, 2319 XP at start
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Francis_John_III_(FrancisJohn)
- Leira Olren ( [MENTION=6700202]Anastrace[/MENTION] ), 2nd Level Fighter/Monk, 2605 XP at start
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Leira_Olren_(Anastrace)
- Arradon Delgaran (@ealt ), 1st level Rogue, 0 XP at start
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Arradon_Delgaran_(ealt)
- Aelspeth Noromiel ( [MENTION=6794573]MerryMortician[/MENTION] ), 1st Level Wizard (Conjurer), 0 XP at start
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Aelspeth_Noromiel_(MerryMortician)

DM Notes:
1. Use the ENWorld roller first. If it fails, use linked rolls from any other website such as Invisible Castle as a secondary.
2. I'm borrowing the following from Aura: "We're doing group initiative using average initiative value, which means that once your team has the initiative, actions can be resolved in whatever order people post. Those on the losing team (initiative-wise) side, with above team average initiative scores, might be awarded (a pre-initiative action if their individual value beats the entire winning team."
3. Players should check for updates from me each day from Monday through Friday. If I have to move the game forward, I will do so by rolling for a character when we have been waiting too long for a player response.
4. If you have any issues with the game, feel free to private message me if you want to talk about it offline.

Encounter XP Earned
[sblock]
1st Encounter vs 2 Sharks (20 May)
CR 3, 1200 XP

2nd Encounter vs 2 Sahuagins (18 Jun)
CR 4, 1200 XP

3rd Encounter in Captain's Cabin vs Trapped Chest (6 Sep)
CR 1, 400 XP

4th Encounter vs Cockatrice (1 July)
CR 3, 800 XP

5th Encounter vs Sea Hag and 3 Sahuagins (4 Sep)
CR 5, 3000 XP
[/sblock]

Encounter Treasure Earned
[sblock]
1st Encounter vs 2 Sharks:
No treasure

2nd Encounter vs 2 Sahuagins
No treasure

3rd Encounter in Captain's Cabin
800 gp worth of treasure (50 gp, 750gp Potion of Haste)

4th Encounter vs Cockatrice
No treasure

5th Encounter vs Sea Hag and 3 Sahuagins
6500 gp worth of treasure and rewards
- 2 bracelets, each worth 1650 gp (total 3300gp)
- Owner pays up reward of 3200 for the characters' aid and their silence
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

MerryMortician

Villager
[sblock=OOC re: Equipment]Clearly Aelspeth would not have her full complement of equine companions and their loads as the group sets out for the Sea Sprite. The following is a list of gear I think she would, logically, have had on her when she was swept up in the moment. It'll be interesting to play without certain key items on her first adventure! :D

Quarterstaff
Longsword
Spell Component Pouch
Spellbook
Canteen
Belt Pouches (with contents listed on character sheet)

Note: This equipment totals 15.5 lbs and only puts her at a light load.[/sblock]
 

FrancisJohn

Villager
[sblock=Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince]Character Sheet
HP: 16/16
AC: 17 FF:15 T:13
CMB: 1 CMD: 13
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +8 Initiative: +2
Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +7 S. Motive: +5
Sleight: +7 Stealth: +10
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 17/20
Unarmed: Shortsword +3 d4+1
Adaptable Luck: 2/3
[sblock=Bacon, War Pig]HP: 18/18
AC: 14, touch: 10, flat-footed: 14 (+4 natural)
Fort: +6 Ref: +3 Will: +1
Initiative: 0
Defensive Abilities: ferocity
Speed: 40 ft. (30 medium, 20 heavy)
Melee: gore +4 (1d8+4)
CMB: +4 CMD: 14
Skills: Perception +6
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent[/sblock][/sblock]

"Poor Bacon! Overboard?! Well I'd never....."
This crew should certainly be more lively than the last bunch! "The poor pig, he might have to stay on shore. Hey Shem, if we do a standup job, could there be some sort of monetary bonus Or even some gold in good faith to help us prepare? Or even an advance if you will..." Francis winks at the cherubim, knowing its probably in vain. "And any other secrets about the ship or the inhabitants would undoubtedly be helpful."

[sblock=Diplomacy 11 (not sure if it this should be changing attitude or request.]Diplomacy /w Adaptable Luck +9: 1D20+9 = [2]+9 = 11
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]This should be interesting mix of characters.... 2 rogues, 2 magicians, and a magus? Combat should be fun. FWIW, Francis is absolutely useless in melee :)[/sblock]
 

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Shem points the group towards the docks and answers some of the still lingering questions. "I don't know too much about the woman, except they said she reeked of seawater, was a pretty ugly sort with bad hygiene and frightened the heck out of them with her shrieking and carrying-on. As for the advance, I'd be glad to hand over 1200 gold coins split amongst the six of you, with another 2000 gold coins when the job is done well and the ship can be recovered with minimum repairs. That would be 200 gold coins for each of you up front. I'm going to continue on towards the docks and make sure the men have the skiff prepped. As for secrets... heh... no secrets. So strange you'd ask such a thing. I'm a legitimate businessman, despite any contrary rumors you may of heard. I'll see you all in about an hour."

If there are no other questions, Shem doles out the 200 gold coins to each of you and then heads off to get ready.
 

FrancisJohn

Villager
[sblock=Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince]Character Sheet
HP: 16/16
AC: 17 FF:15 T:13
CMB: 1 CMD: 13
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +8 Initiative: +2
Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +7 S. Motive: +5
Sleight: +7 Stealth: +10
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 17/20
Unarmed: Shortsword +3 d4+1
Adaptable Luck: 2/3
[sblock=Bacon, War Pig]HP: 18/18
AC: 14, touch: 10, flat-footed: 14 (+4 natural)
Fort: +6 Ref: +3 Will: +1
Initiative: 0
Defensive Abilities: ferocity
Speed: 40 ft. (30 medium, 20 heavy)
Melee: gore +4 (1d8+4)
CMB: +4 CMD: 14
Skills: Perception +6
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent[/sblock][/sblock]

"Thank you kind sir! Last question.... assuming we clear off the rabble, how do we get off the boat?"
 

Anastrace

Villager
Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts

NorthShieldmaiden02.jpg

Leira shakes her head with a slightly vacant look. "I've got no questions. Though as always, good to see you Francis!"


[sblock=Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts]
Leira Olren
AC:20 (17 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 18/18
CMB: +5 CMD: 18

Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +3
Perception: +1 Sense Motive: +1
Initiative: +5

Skills
Acrobatics: +7, Climb +8, Escape Artist +7, Heal +7, Stealth +8

Stunning Fist: You must declare that you are using this feat before you make your attack roll (thus, a failed attack roll ruins the attempt). Stunning Fist forces a foe damaged by your unarmed attack to make a Fortitude saving throw (DC 10 + 1/2 your character level + your Wis modifier), in addition to dealing damage normally. A defender who fails this saving throw is stunned for 1 round (until just before your next turn). A stunned character drops everything held, can’t take actions, loses any Dexterity bonus to AC, and takes a –2 penalty to AC. You may attempt a stunning attack once per day for every four levels you have attained (but see Special), and no more than once per round. Constructs, oozes, plants, undead, incorporeal creatures, and creatures immune to critical hits cannot be stunned.

Dragon Style: While using this style, you gain a +2 bonus on saving throws against sleep effects, paralysis effects, and stunning effects. You ignore difficult terrain when you charge, run, or withdraw. You can also charge through squares that contain allies. Further, you can add 1-1/2 times your Strength bonus on the damage roll for your first unarmed strike on a given round.

Dragon Ferocity: While using Dragon Style, you gain a bonus on unarmed strike damage rolls equal to half your Strength bonus. When you score a critical hit or a successful Stunning Fist attempt against an opponent while using this style, that opponent is also shaken for a number of rounds equal to 1d4 + your Strength bonus.

Current Weapons in Hand: Unarmed Strike (Considered Armed) +6, Damage: 1d6+4, Crit: 20/x2, Type: B,
Current Weapon for Attacks of Opportunity: Urami, +5. 1d8+4, Crit 18-20, Type S
Current Conditions in Effect:
Resources Used: None
Temporary items in possession:
Items not currently in possession:
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]
 

ealt

Villager
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Arradon pockets his share of the gold and carefully slides each of his daggers out of and back in to their wrist sheathes to ensure that they won't catch when he needs them most. "I'm ready when you all are."
[/section]
[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]Arradon Delgaran
AC: 15 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB: +0 CMD: 13

Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +0
Bluff: +8 Disable Device: +9 Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +0 Stealth: +7
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 1d8 (Dagger)
Hidden Blade: +0

Feats: Blind-Fight

Current Weapon in Hand: Dagger +0 (1d4+0, 19-20/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None[/sblock]
 

GlassEye

Community Supporter
[section]
Qalabash chuckles at Francis John's last question.

"We clear off the rabble and we'll sail into port like conquering heroes... or princes, one and all." He turns to look at the others assessingly. "Well, we have, it seems, an hour to get ourselves fighting fit and ready to serve. Which would be a good time to introduce ourselves since not all of us know all the others. I am Qalabash Baram. I will forego giving you my detailed and fascinating history in favor of brevity. I am skilled at the arcane arts and the martial and will stand toe to toe against whatever villains we shall encounter. Now, does any here practice the arcane arts or have the favor of the gods? I've in my possession a pair of wands that I would allow you to use. Temporarily, of course."

[/section]
[sblock=OOC]From previous adventures Qalabash has acquired a wand of CLW. If anyone can actually use it, then he'll let them carry it. He also holds a wand of shield. He can use it but if there is a spellcaster capable and willing then he would let them use it as well.[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Qalabash Baram[/size] Human Staff Magus 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 20 Current: 20
CMB: +4; +6 Trip CMD: 15; 17 vs. Trip Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +2

In Hand: quarterstaff
Conditions: None yet
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Enlarge Person, Grease, Shocking Grasp
  • Orisons: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Root
Special:
Concentration +5
Arcane Pool: 4/4 (+1 enhancement for 1 min.)
[/sblock]
 

Aura

Villager
Tamarie the Songweaver
Graciously accepting the advance on her pay, Tamarie slips the coin purse into her messenger's bag without much production. After Shem makes his exit to take care of things on his end, and others have been given the chance to speak, she offers the following, "I am Tamarie. Or, more formally, Tamarie Lyssa Genaux of Illi Esse. Lovely to meet you all. I am a magical singer, or a musical spellcaster, as you prefer. I am capable of offensive magic, blessing, and a little healing... for those the gods favor." With that, Tamarie looks over her compatriots a moment before continuing, her amber eyes having an almost penetrating quality.

Continuing to speak to the group, although addressing Qalabash particularly, Tamarie adds, "Good that you should mention that, Mr Baram, is it? Anyway, I have training in the use of magical devices," she begins, fetching two things from the top of her bag--a wand and a book entitled Wand Basics 101. Concentrating a moment and speaking some sort of bizarre magical word, she seems to notably weaken, gasping. "Well, that was every bit as unpleasant as promised..." she picks up in a very soft tone, before continuing in her normal voice. "This little book is good for helping remember all the ins and outs of unfamiliar magical devices, such as," she flips through the smallish book until she finds the entry she needs, "healing wands. Here we go."

With a flip of the wrist and a gentle reverse motion, Tamarie speaks the command word of the magical wand, and the healing power flows through her body, taking away much of the draining she had experienced before. She quietly folds the wand into the book at that page and puts the two items back into her messenger's bag together.

The oddish looking half elf finally concludes, "I also carry a healing potion for myself if anyone needs to administer it to me in a time of emergency. It's good in case I'm the only one who can use a healing wand."

[sblock=OOC ability use]Tamarie is activating her Shawl of Life Keeping to funnel 4 HP from herself to the shawl. She then retrieves her book and her wand, takes 10 on Use Magic Device, casts the wand to replenish 3 of her HP. Then, laying the wand on the page about healing wands (close to the spine) and closing the book, she puts the book and the wand back into her Handy Harversack with the wand trapped within, effectively one assembly for retrieval purposes.

One thing I'm not clear on at all, despite my time here, is how to use the built in die roller. If you don't mind I'll roll the effect of the wand with Coyotecode, but is there anywhere that describes how to use the built in? I'll get on the correct roller ASAP.

BTW, what the Shawl does, in short form, is provide triggered healing. Once per day, up to 10 hp can be transferred from the wearer to the Shawl. If the wearer goes unconscious, however much was transferred is received as instant healing.

Tamarie using 1st charge of CLW wand on herself: 1D8+1 = [2]+1 = 3
[/sblock]
[sblock=Glass Eye]My IC drug out far more than I wanted to as is, but a little wand sharing might be good. Shield would be great. Can talk later. :)[/sblock]
[sblock=Tamarie Mini Stats]Tamarie
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 16/17
Shawl of Life Keeping: 4 stored HP
CMB: +1 CMD: 13


Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +3
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +2


First Level spells remaining: 6/6
Heavenly Fire remaining: 7/7
Bolts remaining: 20/20


Current Weapon in Hand: none
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: CLW wand-1 chg
Money: +200gp retainer[/sblock]
 

MerryMortician

Villager
Aelspeth Noromiel, Fledgling Conjurer

"I am Aelspeth Noromiel of Sumbru," she says, the hint of a smile threatening at the corners of her mouth. "I have studied the arcane for decades, with primary focus in contact with the Outer Planes. It sounds like things will get rough after we board so I feel that, in the interest of full disclosure, I ought to inform you all that I've little experience in genuine combat." The elf's words quicken now, hurrying to finish and shift the spotlight away. 'With spare field studies and some practical application, I have developed the philosophy that battlefield control consistently trumps strength of arms."

[sblock=OOC]Sorry for the late delay and weak post. IRL game I DM went late. More substantial post tomorrow[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

FrancisJohn

Villager
[sblock=Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince]Character Sheet
HP: 16/16
AC: 17 FF:15 T:13
CMB: 1 CMD: 13
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +8 Initiative: +2
Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +7 S. Motive: +5
Sleight: +7 Stealth: +10
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 17/20
Unarmed: Shortsword +3 d4+1
Adaptable Luck: 2/3
[sblock=Bacon, War Pig]HP: 18/18
AC: 14, touch: 10, flat-footed: 14 (+4 natural)
Fort: +6 Ref: +3 Will: +1
Initiative: 0
Defensive Abilities: ferocity
Speed: 40 ft. (30 medium, 20 heavy)
Melee: gore +4 (1d8+4)
CMB: +4 CMD: 14
Skills: Perception +6
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent[/sblock][/sblock]

"My name is Francis John the Third, and I hail from the quaint yet exceedingly drab little village of Roughy River in the southern end of the baronies. I am absolutely useless in a standup fight and care not for magic. I am amazing at running, hiding, and staying out of the way. I am really good at getting into trouble, and as of yet even better getting out. I suppose my words are my daggers, but most often they prove to be quite useless. I look forward to assisting you all in anyway I can, although more importantly my focus is on simply not dieing. I am not really sure why I sign up for these adventures anyway."

"Leira, you look as smashing as ever. Believe it or not, I did take Karra out to Monty's before she set off. She said that after not being able to travel with me, she couldn't see how she would ever adventure again. I had to cut the lass loose, poor lady."
Francis shakes his head.

"I thought my next journey might have need of a mount, so I bought a dumb pig. As he seems to be even more invalid than me, I might have to stow him back in the stables before we go. Although Tamarie's suggestion of a fine pig-roast bares consideration. However, I must currently bid you adieu, and I shall meet you at the skiff. Farewell, new friends!"

Francis waits for the rest of the party to finish introductions as not to be rude, then drops his pig off (temporarily of course), back at the stables and meets the party at the designated location.
 

ealt

Villager
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Sensing the others eyes on him Arradon pulls back his hood for the first time. Long black hair frames once-handsome elven features, his bright green eyes carefully gauge the others. His sunken eyes, hollow features, and pale coloring speak of long illness or perhaps hard living. "I am Arradon Delgaran, and I hail from the lands to the East. I have experience as a scout and an...infiltrator." A small smile crosses his face at that last part. "I can fight, but I do my best work when they don't see it coming. I prefer getting in, doing the job, and getting out as quickly and cleanly as possible." He shifts uncomfortably and pulls his hood back up, once more hiding his face in the shadows.​
[/section]
[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]Arradon Delgaran
AC: 15 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB: +0 CMD: 13

Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +0
Bluff: +8 Disable Device: +9 Perception: +6 Sense Motive: Sleight of Hand: +7 +0 Stealth: +7
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 1d8 (Dagger)
Hidden Blade: +0

Feats: Blind-Fight

Current Weapon in Hand: Dagger +0 (1d4+0, 19-20/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None[/sblock]
 

GlassEye

Community Supporter
Qalabash Baram

[section]
Qalabash inclines his head and gives a friendly nod to all as they introduce themselves.

"A pleasure, one and all. Call me Qalabash, or Qal, or anything else you wish, Tamarie; no need for such formality with me. Now, I certainly cannot use this," he hands the wand of curing over to Tamarie. "So, if you are able and willing to use it on whosoever needs it then by all means, please do. Stash it with your other; spreads the cost around a bit, yes? And I'll gladly share round shield with anyone though if you're able, you can use it on yourself. As for practical application, Aelspeth of Little Experience, I am sure you will find more than enough on this venture. Farewell, Half-Prince, we shall see you soon."

Qalabash considers briefly (something you figure he only does briefly, if at all) then nods. "Excellent stratagem, Arradon. We shall go in, go out, then cleanly hit them when they aren't looking."

[/section]

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Qalabash Baram[/size] Human Staff Magus 2
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 20 Current: 20
CMB: +4; +6 Trip CMD: 15; 17 vs. Trip Fort: +5 Ref: +3 Will: +2

In Hand: quarterstaff
Conditions: None yet
Spells Prepared:
  • 1st level (DC 14): Enlarge Person, Grease, Shocking Grasp
  • Orisons: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Root
Special:
Concentration +5
Arcane Pool: 4/4 (+1 enhancement for 1 min.)
[/sblock]
 

Anastrace

Villager
NorthShieldmaiden02.jpg

Leira bows her head a bit and smiles pleasantly. "I am Leira Olren, a martial artist of some skill. I'm good at stealth and getting into places, but I'll be the first to admit I lack the charm of my halfling friend. If you all need something pummeled, I'm your girl." Pacing a bit she works out some nervous energy doing stretches. She adjusts her whip blade, checks her short sword, and hefts her shield around a bit. "Sorry, a bit nervous. Always nervous before doing something important." She laughs.

[sblock=Leira Olren, Master of Martial Arts]
Leira Olren
AC:20 (17 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 18/18
CMB: +5 CMD: 18

Fort: +5 Reflex: +5 Will: +3
Perception: +1 Sense Motive: +1
Initiative: +5

Skills
Acrobatics: +7, Climb +8, Escape Artist +7, Heal +7, Stealth +8

Stunning Fist: You must declare that you are using this feat before you make your attack roll (thus, a failed attack roll ruins the attempt). Stunning Fist forces a foe damaged by your unarmed attack to make a Fortitude saving throw (DC 10 + 1/2 your character level + your Wis modifier), in addition to dealing damage normally. A defender who fails this saving throw is stunned for 1 round (until just before your next turn). A stunned character drops everything held, can’t take actions, loses any Dexterity bonus to AC, and takes a –2 penalty to AC. You may attempt a stunning attack once per day for every four levels you have attained (but see Special), and no more than once per round. Constructs, oozes, plants, undead, incorporeal creatures, and creatures immune to critical hits cannot be stunned.

Dragon Style: While using this style, you gain a +2 bonus on saving throws against sleep effects, paralysis effects, and stunning effects. You ignore difficult terrain when you charge, run, or withdraw. You can also charge through squares that contain allies. Further, you can add 1-1/2 times your Strength bonus on the damage roll for your first unarmed strike on a given round.

Dragon Ferocity: While using Dragon Style, you gain a bonus on unarmed strike damage rolls equal to half your Strength bonus. When you score a critical hit or a successful Stunning Fist attempt against an opponent while using this style, that opponent is also shaken for a number of rounds equal to 1d4 + your Strength bonus.

Current Weapons in Hand: Unarmed Strike (Considered Armed) +6, Damage: 1d6+4, Crit: 20/x2, Type: B,
Current Weapon for Attacks of Opportunity: Urami, +5. 1d8+4, Crit 18-20, Type S
Current Conditions in Effect:
Resources Used: None
Temporary items in possession:
Items not currently in possession:
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]
 

MerryMortician

Villager
Aelspeth Noromiel, Fledgling Conjurer

Aelspeth smiles at her new companions as they introduce themselves. When Francis John III takes his leave, she watches after him for a moment. Raising a forefinger to push her spectacles up her nose, the elf looks around at the party once more. "I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only person with...uncertainties. I appreciate your encouragement, Qal, and your sincerity, Leira." She makes a very quick hand gesture toward her belt, as if to catch a fly, and mumbles, "Grep," before pressing onward. A small rubber ball rises out of a pouch there and proceeds to to bounce beside Aelspeth as she walks. "Regarding your second wand Qal, I would be willing to disburse castings for protection. How liberally would you prefer to see the implement applied? It could be to our advantage that Tamarie not carry both. This way if she falls, we have a backup.

[sblock=Aelspeth Mini Stats]Aelspeth
HP: 8/8
AC: 13 FF: 10 T: 13
CMB: -1 CMD: 12
Fort: +1 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Special: Immune to magic and sleep, +2 on saving throws Enchantment
Perception: +2 S. Motive: +0
Initiative: +3
Conditions in Effect: ---
Weapon in Hand: Quarterstaff
Shift: 7/7 remaining
0 Level: Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
1st Level: Mage Armor, Color Spray, Enlarge Person
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
When you meet up with Shem again, he is at the docks talking to a trio of men (not to mention a dog) preparing a skiff for your departure. Shem says, "These men of mine with row you to the Sea Sprite. When you get it cleared, they will either row you back here or bring you back in the Sea Sprite herself, depending upon her condition. Anyway, the lead man here is Larry."

The three men look pretty seasoned, with their faded work clothes showing both their financial state and their hard-working life. The mutt seems pretty calm himself, though he has a slightly torn ear and some scars to him. Other than that he seems friendly enough, though he sniffs heartily at your rations. Larry gets out of the skiff, wipes his hands to dry them on his coveralls, then introduces the other two while drawling in a heavy farm country accent. "Hi, I'm Larry; this is my brother Darryl, and this is my other brother Darryl."

With introductions out of the way, the three men (not to mention the dog) help you climb into the boat and you launch off. You leave the docks as the men take turns rowing and navigating via lantern light, up until you can finally see the outline of a ship in the distance. As you finally get closer, however, the dog begins to stare into the water and whine. Larry says to one of his brothers, or maybe to both, "Look lively Darryl. Mutt senses something."

OOC: Need Perception Checks. Also, which three folks are on the left side of the skiff, and which three folks on the right?
 

MerryMortician

Villager
[sblock=OOC]Aelspeth would like to sit on the left side of the skiff, centered between other characters.[/sblock]
[sblock=Another OOC Edit]Even the [rol l] code doesn't work. I'll repost here the roll I pinged DT with until another solution is proposed.
Perception: 1D20+2 = [6]+2 = 8[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

FrancisJohn

Villager
[sblock=Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince]Character Sheet
HP: 16/16
AC: 17 FF:15 T:13
CMB: 1 CMD: 13
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +8 Initiative: +2
Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +7 S. Motive: +5
Sleight: +7 Stealth: +10
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 17/20
Unarmed: Shortsword +3 d4+1
Adaptable Luck: 2/3
[sblock=Bacon, War Pig]HP: 18/18
AC: 14, touch: 10, flat-footed: 14 (+4 natural)
Fort: +6 Ref: +3 Will: +1
Initiative: 0
Defensive Abilities: ferocity
Speed: 40 ft. (30 medium, 20 heavy)
Melee: gore +4 (1d8+4)
CMB: +4 CMD: 14
Skills: Perception +6
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent[/sblock][/sblock]
Never one to miss an opportunity, Francis snuggles up to Aelspeth in the back of the left side. However, the halfling notices the dog perk up and does the same.

[sblock=Perception 19]Perception on boat: 1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19
[/sblock]
 

Advertisement

Top