D&D 5E So 5 Intelligence Huh

Zardnaar

Legend
As some fo you may know we tend to use 4d6 drop the lowest. One of our players managed to roll a 17 but she also rolled a 5. Welcome to Babs the intellectually challenged Barbarian. This comes after a Paladin rolled an 18 but got to suck up a 6 dexterity. Thems the breaks.

Its actually funny looking through the MM and seeing what is smarter than a 5 int barbarian. She is marginally smarter than a Baboon. We also jokingly roll for comliness in order to see how attractive our PCs are. TO be fair the player has had her PC do some dumb stuff without being to annoying as she has a half decent wisdom score. Your intelligence tells you the water is boiling. Your wisdom tells you do not put your hand in it. In her case its kind of a put hand in the water but do not do it again type scenario.

So what would you do if you rolled a 5 for an ability score.

Radaceus

Adventurer
So like yeh I fo sho could tottaly pull of a 5 intelligence I am like OMG! did you see my strength! totes aus! not a question...*flicks hair*

BoldItalic

First Post
An Int of 5 might represent just a single mental difficulty. For example, an inability to recognize numbers.

"How many goblins did you see down there?"
"Lots. Yes, definitely lots."
"More than this many?" *Holds up five fingers*
"No, they weren't holding up their hands."
*facepalm* "Was there a goblin next to another goblin?"
"No, they were spaced out in the bushes."

*Rogue counts out 100 gold pieces of loot into two bags - 53 to 47*
"This is your bag of gold, and this is my bag, okay? It's fifty-fifty."
"No, I'll have that one you're holding. It's heavier."

A 5 INT can be fun. You could play such a character that befriends more animals than people. This is especially fun if there is another character of low INT in the party.

Think Derek Zoolander and Hansel- " I miss not knowing things with you." :p

Remove ads