D&D 5E What single new class would you like to see?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
In EN5ider we made the Noble, our name for the Warlord, and it's one of our most popular articles ever.

We want to make a new 5E class. What would you like to see?

Last edited:

Sacrosanct

Legend
Well, most of the archetypes I would like (dualist, bounty hunter) can either already be done with creative use of background/class/feats, or would be a subclass rather than a class. So for an entirely new class that has enough unique features to warrant it?

Probably something with psionics, or alchemy (like a witch or shaman)

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Sounds good, considering how much I liked the Noble. Some possibilities:

1) Another class with Pact Magic, but not a direct clone of the Warlock chassis. (Doesn't have to have Pact Boons AND pacts, for example.) Maybe a Shaman?
2) A trickster class with magical class features but not actual spells. Maybe one subclass with an illusion focus, another with mind control. Something like the 3.5 beguiler, but not actually a spell-user.
3) An elemental blaster class, sort of like a 5e version of the Pathfinder Kineticist. Definitely an overlooked niche in standard D&D that's also wildly popular, based on the Paizo forums.

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
I'd like to see a different take on a psionic class.

I'd also like to see a take on a party-support-focused character that doesn't rely on magic/spellcasting - if only just to see how certain folks would react to it.

Eubani

Legend
Swordsage an advanced martial character built on a purpose built chassis as the main issue the Battlemaster suffers from is that it is built on a chassis that needs to serve both the Champion and EK.

Remove ads