D&D 5E extra LMoP side quests (minor spoilers)

GlassJaw

Hero
In part 3 of LMoP, the players follow leads and undertake various side quests to discover the location of the mine.

Some of these side quests I really like but some seem like filler. Also, some of the quest locations are pretty far from Phandalin - and each other. I have a pretty inexperienced group and I'm a little concerned that they'll get off-track.

Has anyone modified or added this section at all? If so, what did you add? Did you enhance the storyline at all or just add additional things for the players to do?

Thanks!

LapBandit

First Post
Are you talking specifically about Wyvern Tor and Agatha? Those are really tertiary to the main story and can easily be cut. That said, having DMed it twice and played it once the players were keen to go after the orcs at Wyvern Tor but only one group went to talk to Agatha take that for what you will. I also heavily homebrewed the Post-Phandelver adventure.

GlassJaw

Hero
Are you talking specifically about Wyvern Tor and Agatha? Those are really tertiary to the main story and can easily be cut. That said, having DMed it twice and played it once the players were keen to go after the orcs at Wyvern Tor but only one group went to talk to Agatha take that for what you will. I also heavily homebrewed the Post-Phandelver adventure.

Yeah those 2 mainly. Old Owl well isn't crucial either but it's a bit more interesting. I really like Thundertree but it feels quite out of the way compared to the rest of the side quests. Could simply be moved though. Cragmaw castle is important and it's a cool mini-dungeon.

And while part 3 lends itself to modification, I'm also inclined just to leave it alone.

Remove ads