D&D 5E Mike Mearls interview - states that they may be getting off of the 2 AP/year train.

ccs

41st lv DM
I would like to see disposable modules on newsprint or like a magazine. It would make it feel ok to write all over them and use them how you like. It is most likely not a good business model though.

I paid $50 (or whatever) for this thing! I most certainly feel free to write in it.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Can we have a reprint of Gary Gygaxes Book of Names, or whatever it's called?

Just 300 pages of nothing but names to string together randomly and hope for the best.

Li Shenron

Legend
I have it in my mind that they wanted to keep things simple for the buyer - walk into store, get core books + one campaign book, leave

IIRC they actually wanted it to be even "walk into store, get any one book, leave", because even one 5e adventure book (without the core books) should be playable, when you download Basic for free.

I really like the concept of AP, but I'm not playing that fast that I'd need 2 per year.

In fact my current timeline and future plans are like:
2015-2016: Lost Mine of Phandelver
2017-2022: Princes of the Apocalypse
2023-2026: Curse of Strahd

So I guess I'm pretty much covered for now!

I still think the APs could be improved a little. Still require too much preparation. I really wish I could play them without preparation. Just read whatever is mentioned for the current room and have all the references that are relevant for that room at least linked to with page numbers.

Shorter adventures work just as fine for me as well, though. But I'm personally not the "just give me lore and I'll make my own adventure" type. I want to experience something I don't know as well, just like my players.

Remove ads