• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lesser Metaphysical Weapon - a typo?

Geron Raveneye

Explorer
During my last session I discovered something that looks to me like a glaring error in the Psionic Handbook...and I wanted to ask the people here if there is any kind of correction somewhere already.

The power "Lesser Metaphysical Weapon" is said to be working the same as "Greater Metaphysical Weapon", with the difference of only granting a +1 enhancement bonus. That means it grants that bonus for 1 hour/level, and can affect up to 50 projectiles..and all that for a 1st level power.

Comparing it with the magical equivalent, "Magic Weapon", this seems pretty overpowered. The spell only grants 1 minute/level and can't affect projectiles.

So, is there any kind of reasoning behind this, or a correction I'm not aware of? The current PsiHB errata don't touch this power, and the PHB errata haven't corrected the spell, so I'm on the verge of houseruling it. Any helpful comments? :)

Last edited:

Spatula

Explorer
There is no correction.

Lesser Metaphysical Weapon is better than Magic Weapon, but then Metaphysical Weapon isn't as good as Greater Magic Weapon. In any case, the duration isn't a big deal, it just means that Lesser Metaphysical Weapon doesn't become obsolete as quickly.

Camarath

Pale Master Tarrasque
Many psionic powers do not scale with level which makes them weaker than their magic equivalent (especially damage powers). I have no problem with this one power being more powerful than it's magic equivalent since I can't see it breaking anyone's game.

Remove ads