Druids vs. Studded Leather and non-nature FR dieties

Psionicist

Explorer
Hello there!

1) Can a druid wear Studded Leather armor, or a hide armor reinforced with metal?

2) Is it possible for a druid to worship gods such as Selûne (in Forgotten Realms) and still gain access to druid spells?

Thanks!

MangahunterD

First Post
I do not think that you can without affecting your druids abilities. Just from the reading, metal armor affects the druids affinity with nature. So armor studded with metal or backed with leather should do the same thing. If it isn't true then druids should be able to wear full plate as long as they have leather as a lining:D

Last edited:

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
According to the FRCS, a druid must worship Chauntea, Eldath, Gwaeron Windstrom, Lurure, Malar, Mielikki, Nobanion, Shiallia, Silvanus, Talos, Ubtao, Ulutiu, Umberlee, Anhur, Isis, Osiris, Sebek, Set, Thard Harr, Aerdrie Faenya, Angharradh, Deep Sashelas, Rillifane Rallathil, Baervan Wildwanderer, Segojan Earthcaller, or Cyrrollalee.

I'd probably let a druid worship Selune in my campaign, since she is the goddess of the moon. You might be able to talk your DM into it, depends on how strict he is.

Tetsubo

First Post
I would not let a druid wear armour with any metal on it. But there is no reason that they couldn't have studded leather armour with studs made from other materials. Suggestions: bone, shell, horn, stone. All of these have been used in real life. I'd suggest the book Stone to Steel for further ideas.

Tetsubo

First Post
Not in my campaign... :) My house rule on the topic:

Druids are not restricted to the weapons selection in the Players Handbook. The only restrictions as far as weapons are concerned are that they must be made from natural materials. Bone, horn, wood and stone. Bows are also allowed. Armour is restricted to light and medium and must also be made from natural materials. Though I am willing to entertain a greater selection than offered by the Players Handbook. Wooden items that have been enchanted by the ironwood spell are allowed.
The 6th level Ironwood spell now applies to all rigid organic materials. Example: bone, teeth, shell, hooves, horn, etc.

Remove ads