(OOC) Fitz's Folly (ToA PBP)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'm honestly indifferent to which way you go, but it looks like the best way may in fact be to push straight for the south. You can check out the Heart, if you like, but it seems absolutely worth it to head for the Shipwreck.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Oookay. Rafting across the Aldani Basin it is. The rafts only go about 1 to 2 miles per hour, but you don't get any further on foot than that and it's much harder work on foot (hacking through jungle). Also, in the Aldani Basin, it would be very wet on foot.

BUT, most of the time, it's not terribly hard work to sit aboard the raft, even if you take a turn poling, so it's not difficult to make a long day of it. If you want to set a fast pace, and try to get 20 (or possibly more with a check!) miles in a day, it's totally doable.

What do you think?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Sure. Str (Athletics) to pole faster, Wis (Survival) to follow the best "path", or Con to go dawn-to-dusk while others rest. (This is if you want to push the limits of a Fast Pace - otherwise you just follow the Fast Pace rules, which in this case would be that you have a 75% chance of making it 2 hexes (20 miles) in a day, and take -5 to Passive Perception against random encounter potential threats.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I have to admit, I prefer doing overland travel as a mini skill-challenge, rather than the standard 5e "You can go slower and sneak, or faster and see nothing." I like "roll some stuff based on the situation. I'll narrate what happens based on your rolls."

So fine, Harb can roll Perception (with no penalty). He probably takes a turn at the poles too, but not a long one. Mostly he keeps a look-out.

Remove ads