[AU] What's missing from the PDFs?

Staffan

Legend
(Thread duplicated from Monte's boards)

As I understand it, the AU PDFs have most of the stuff from the print book, except:

1. Basic "What's an RPG" stuff.
2. XP rules (speaking of which... the AU XP chart is basically the D&D chart +10%, right?).
3. Playing the game, including combat rules.
4. The Runechildren race (or meta-race, or whatever one might call it).
5. Equipment.
6. Skills.
7. Feats duplicated from D&D (Weapon Focus and the like)

Anything I missed?

And more importantly, what changes are there in these areas from regular D&D?
1. Any significant rule changes in combat, or is it just a matter of clarification/rewrite? What about other areas of the game?
2. Any skill changes other than Sneak taking the place of Hide and Move Silently?
3. What about those cool weapon rules mentioned in one of the design diaries? Are we distant iggerant furriners forever destined to be without them, at least until the books reach these shores?
4. Any feats from D&D 3.0 or 3.5 that are not available in AU, or that are significantly changed?

The thing I *think* I miss most from the main book would be new/changed equipment, but that's just from what I've read in the design diaries.

haiiro

First Post
Staffan said:
2. Any skill changes other than Sneak taking the place of Hide and Move Silently?

Tumble has variable DCs for tumbling past and through hostile squares, and the distance for those maneuvers is limited to a flat 20 ft./rd. I yoinked this for my 3.5e game -- it's a great change.

Perform also allows synergies for related types of performance (storytelling and acting, for instance). Small tweak, but a good one.

There may be others, but those two stood out for me.

Remove ads