WOIN Thoughts on evolving exploits

Thoughts on evolving exploits

While I was working on a Mass Effect conversion for Shadowrun, specifically with biotic stuff, it got me thinking about how to implement a similar kind of leveling system for exploits and stuff. Now, obviously, a system like that wouldn't work with all exploits, but it could be very useful as an upgraded version of some psi stuff, among other things. A system like that would be undoubtedly awesome, but at the same time, it'd come with a few caveats that might need addressing. For instance, how does one cleanly denote an upgradeable exploit vs. a non-upgradeable one? How does one handle XP costs for this, too?

If you need any assistance visualising what I'm trying to say, look at Mass Effect 2 or Mass Effect 3's power stuff. Failing that, I could mock up a neat little table.

Frazzled
    Dracolich (Lvl 29)

The mutations in Action Careers are exploits with three levels each. I think the concept works pretty well, and will likely do more of that stuff in future.

Oh, right, yeah, mutations are a thing.

At any rate, this is something I put together using the idea to demonstrate my concept, and also using my obsession with pretty tables.
    Name:  20b5390518.png
Views: 154
Size:  13.4 KB
    This replaces Mind Shield, Shield Other, and Mental Fortress with one levelable exploit.